Stuart North Ridge Conditions Update - 7/17

JasonG

For those who may be headed in there soon . . .

No snow getting to Goat pass, plenty of snow on Stuart Glacier- no slots enroute to the access gully- - crampons and ice axe are nice to have. Gully has a fair bit of snow still, but we scrambled rock on the marigin easily. Snow helps getting over the chockstone near the top. A couple of bivy sites are melted out, several are still covered in snow at the notch. The ridge up to the gendarme is completely dry and fun, looks to still be a bit of snow and ice (probably not too hard to work around) on the traverse below the gendarme. We went up the gendarme and only encountered the odd snow patch en route to the summit-easily avoided. Ice axe and crampons handy for the descent, although you coul avoid the snow if you were determined. Quite a good route- I was impressed.thumbs_up.gif

Cheers,

Jason

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a long shot, but we did the N. Ridge three days ago (I think...plus or minus a day) and there was a group coming up the ridge as we were on the Gendarme. It looked like you were taking some pics, we got some rad pics of you guys on the ridge. PM me if you read this and we can swap some photos. laugh.gif

Craig, quit being a squeezer, I don't eat your frickin food, I wouldn't eat your damn Yard O' Beef HCL.gif if it was the last thing on earth. Maybe it was the woozel, the dog, or napoleon, or perhaps even our little mouse friend, or maybe the guy living in the backyard. By the way, to all the ladies out there, Gyselinck is one tough hardman who makes a mean batch of cookies if there are any lookers.