A modest proposal

TheJiggler

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's hard to believe this guy represents a constituency. Seems like a very loose cannon sort of thing to say. As if Islam itself was the ideology we are fighting against. Can you say crusade?

I don't believe Islam is at fault if taught in a particular way, rather I think it is radicalism arising from a fundamentalist view that fuels the fire. It wouldn't be much different from a radical fundamentalist Christian activist who believes in the power of the deed as a political tool for change. Abortion clinic bombings?

This guy's rhetoric reminds me of the man who solves every problem with a hammer.

BTW, here's a quote from someone who marked the anniversary of the Trinity testing (July 6, 1945) in an event called SIMNUKE:

I am not a pacifist. I do believe violence is sometimes necessary -- especially when dealing with those who only understand violence. But the bomb is not an appropriate weapon for war. It is simply not a weapon that can be used against an army. It is too large. It is a weapon that is used against a civilian population only. For that reason, it should be banned globally. A raw human feeling of the weapon we wield -- and the sorrowful impact it has -- is necessary for making decisions on how to use it. That is the essence of SimNuke.

It's hard to believe this guy represents a constituency. Seems like a very loose cannon sort of thing to say. As if Islam itself was the ideology we are fighting against. Can you say crusade?

I don't believe Islam is at fault if taught in a particular way, rather I think it is radicalism arising from a fundamentalist view that fuels the fire. It wouldn't be much different from a radical fundamentalist Christian activist who believes in the power of the deed as a political tool for change. Abortion clinic bombings?

This guy's rhetoric reminds me of the man who solves every problem with a hammer.

crusade_1.jpg

Don't forget to nuke Jerusalem...that's an Islamic Holy City too ya know. smirk.gif

I second this motion. It's just like when two bratty kids are fighting over a toy, refusing to share. warn them a couple of times...then take the toy, smash it, and toss it in the trash.

I say give everyone a week's warning to clear out of Jerusalem and then nuke it.

I second this motion. It's just like when two bratty kids are fighting over a toy, refusing to share. warn them a couple of times...then take the toy, smash it, and toss it in the trash.

I say give everyone a week's warning to clear out of Jerusalem and then nuke it.

That is the fucking shit! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Whether a congressman or the general public (here), seems to be a common thread of nuking "holy cities".

Though, you're all just "throwing out some ideas".

IMHO, Jerusalem ceased being a "holy city" long ago. In the words of my friend Julie (in a reference to the Buffy the Vampire Slayer series), Jerusalem is now The Hellmouth. So much happens there that is Unholy that its holy past is nearly irrelevant.

Of course, in reality, this could never happen. The damage to architectural, archaeological, and cultural resources caused by leveling the city would be unconscionable. But, given enough time, the warring parties there will effectively accomplish the same thing, along with an infinite amount of human suffering.

In retrospect, wouldn't it have been better to locate the newly formed state of Israel in South America or Africa, two of the orignally considered options? Is it too late to move it?

There is a belief by some that this 'proposal' already exists, and that this is one reason for a non-repeat of 9/11 here in the USA. I'm not sure I believe this is the case, but a framework similar to the Cold War's MAD policy seems appropriate. I find it hard to understand the reluctance to retaliate that you all display. Did you read the original premise? Not just another 9/11...not just one american city...but several nuke attacks - several of our cities destroyed. If it could be demonstrated that adherants to Islam were responsible, and that they had government sponsorship of even the most tacit degree, the HELL YES we should retaliate with every weapon at our disposal. As an American citizen, I would demand it!...if I hadn't already been vaporized along with all of you.

Sheesh! You guys would probably want to sit down and discuss grievances with the motorcycle gang that just raped your wife. I'm glad you weren't running the show in 1941. We might not be at war with Islam, but they sure seem to be at war with us...or at least unwilling to rein in their most rabid dogs.

The above post shows why it is scary that people like FW own weapons.

So you believe we have the right to nuke a city that a particular religion holds as holy because some extremists of that religion attack us!?!? You are fucking insane, my friend. Believe me, I think that the moderate believers of Islam need to do more to denoune the extremists but your type of logic is just hate filled moronic spew.

In fact, if you believe this, then why the hell should we stop with Islam? Extremists of all religions are the problem. Why not just start with Abrahamic religions as a whole since they come from the same roots. How do you propose we retaliate against the Christians and the Jews? And what about the innocent members of other religions that inhabit Mecca? Casualties of war?

Also, answer me this. How the fuck does a policy of mutually assured destruction work when the enemy DOESNT FUCKING CARE IF THEY DIE!?!? They are more than happy to blow themselves up to kill us and unless you kill every fucking person that hates, or at any point might hate, people just like you more will just replace them. Sadly enough, however, I doubt you would have much of a problem with that.

Go re-read what you typed. How fucking pathetic.

In fact, if you believe this, then why the hell should we stop with Islam? Extremists of all religions are the problem. ...How do you propose we retaliate against the Christians and the Jews?

Um, last time I checked the news, Christians, Jews, Budhists, etc, weren't slicing the heads off of live victims (while making home movies, even!), crashing airliners into occupied structures, sending suicide bombers into subways, blowing up schoolchildren in the Caucasus Mountains, killing tourists in Bali, allowing their pastors to issue death warrants on non-believers......................................etc.

All the while, Islam offers only excuses and obfuscation.

Also, answer me this. How the fuck does a policy of mutually assured destruction work when the enemy DOESNT FUCKING CARE IF THEY DIE!?!? They are more than happy to blow themselves up to kill us and unless you kill every fucking person that hates, or at any point might hate, people just like you more will just replace them. Sadly enough, however, I doubt you would have much of a problem with that.

March 23, 1945

August 6, 1945

August 9, 1945

These people were more willing to die than the current batch of jihadists we see today. But, in the end, they chose to live - as most reasonable human beings do.

Also, Josh, you need to tone it down a bit. I actually have you on my will mutually respect list...for now. grin.gif

Contestant "Alex - I'd like States supporting terrorism for $1,000, please."

Alex: "Name the 2 biggest state sponsors of terrorism in the Islamic world"

Contestant "Who are US allies Pakistan and Saudi Arabia"

Alex "Correct!"

Fuck Saudi Arabia, and FUCK their oil too. 17%. We can make do without it. Screw Pakistan. Musharraf is a backstabbing weasel afraid to take a stand against the islamo-thugs within his own borders.

....and please spare me the House of Bush/Saud conspiracy bullshit. It's beneath you.

Um, last time I checked the news, Christians, Jews, Budhists, etc, weren't slicing the heads off of live victims (while making home movies, even!), crashing airliners into occupied structures, sending suicide bombers into subways, blowing up schoolchildren in the Caucasus Mountains, killing tourists in Bali, allowing their pastors to issue death warrants on non-believers......................................etc.

Soooooo... we're only remembering the news over the last 5 years or so? Nah... Christians have never done anything like that before. Nope. Uh uh. Never in history. Not MY religion. Nooooo way.

Srebrenica?

Any one of The Crusades?

Different methods, but the results are just the same.