If you were on Stuart 7/16-17 Please reply

MtnHigh

SpEd, I think you just have it in for NOLSE. Another reading might see that as establishing where he and his partner were in relation to the missing people and the west ridge in general. Yeah, he could have said "a route" instead of "new route" but I don't see that as very high on the disrespect meter.

Pointless thread drift anyway, I'm glad the folks are alright, and hope they tell us a story. wave.gif

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peter and Ben:

The thread said the last place they were seen was near LJT.

As Marcus and I had climbed up the from the North side of LJT and climbed the entire West Ridge from LJT I felt it important to mention where we had climbed to assist in further determining where the two missing climbers weren’t seen (from LJT to the summit or trying to descend the NW buttress) and where they could be (below LJT on the west ridge or somewhere on the descent) to help shrink the search area.cantfocus.gif

Thanks for misinterpreting my comments and trying to pin the chestbeater label on me. Again. the_finger.gif

Good to hear everyone is okay. thumbs_up.gif

We are all in this together and need to look out for each other.

Speak for yourself. I'm in this for me. Sucka.

Prick! the_finger.gif

But thanks for keeping the cc.com "edge" alive.

When I read the first post I considered the possibility of the missing party attempting a descent of the North side. Later, they were not seen by anyone after LJT on the south side so it had to be considered even though it was unlikely. Nolse's info WAS useful if a little cavaleer under the circumstances. HCL.gif

I want my mummsy! cry.gif

Hey, I don't know if nolsE was beating his chest or merely being ultra descriptive but I do know I was only repeating what he said and enphasizing the obvious words that indicate self-glory. okay? does it matter anywayS now??...since the ladies are home....?

I'm very sensitive and my feeling were hurt by all of the callous remarks. I have to go call my therapist now.

take that sheep with you and then you'd be talking some serious therapy. grin.gif

Had to edit: Specialized changed his avatar from a sheep to a breast. Seems like a major change in his lifestyle has occured. Congrats Specialized.

However, you just made about 3,300 threads which contained sheep jokes obsolete.

Edited by billcoe

Holy shit people. Someone shut down this thread before it gets ugly.

They're both fine. We walked in to find them via Ingalls' Pass and they walked out via Long's Pass two days late on a two days climb. All's well. The climbers can give more details if they want. Thanks to those that provided useful information, and thanks to Pete and Iain for doing what they could back here in PDX. And thanks to the PMR folks for all their efforts and cooperation. And thanks to Chelan County for the bird. We're glad to have them both home safe and sound. bigdrink.gif

I would like to thank all those who provided useful information regarding this search. Iain was able to relay this information to me in the field which helps to narrow the search area. A special thanks to Mt High for starting this thread to dig up the information. A thank you is in order for Chelan County SAR, PMR, SMR, and TMR and all the mountain rescue folks for their willingness to come help. Thanks also to the Andrew and Armin for helping the girls out high on the mountain.

Marty Johnson

Portland Mountain Rescue

Please encourage the parties involved to post an account of what they did and why and what they "should" have done. These sorts of things are very useful teachers. I gained a great deal of good information from 'Climbing Accidents of North America' and learned many valuable lessons from my own stupid misdeeds.