W. Ridge Fobidden, Sunday

sayjay

Looking for the folks (two parties of two) that were on the W. Ridge of Forbidden with us yesterday. I took a pic of the woman in the 2nd party as she was heading towards the summit. Will send it to you if you pop me an email~

Great climb!

For folks that are interested, the couloir is still in good shape but won't be for long. There's one 'shrund that is in the process of collapsing. Maybe another 1-2 weeks left before it opens up enough to be difficult to climb past.

Also for folks looking to go there but who haven't been to Boston Basin before, the trailhead is at 22.2 mi if you use the mile markers they have on the road. Guidebooks say 21.7mi. And Beckey refers to the trailhead as an old "road spur". At this point it's so overgrown it's hardly recognizable as a trailhead, but the pullout is obvious.

Finally, I noticed a lot of old posts about doing this route in a day car-to-car. We did this, but it took us from 6am to 11pm. It would have been longer had we not been willing to free-solo perhaps half the route and all of the snow field/couloir. Also it's definitely a long descent if you don't know exactly where you are going. However, I didn't find it to be problematic -- just slow. Two ropes is a huge benefit for the descent! We were able to stick to the ridge crest and get a good part of the way down in two long rappels (55m double ropes). Scrambled the rest. Also got from just below the ridge to just above the base of the couloir in 2 rappels. The downclimbing in the snow-covered part of the couloir was actually very solid.

Great route!

Talk about scenic~

~S

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys!

Thanks for the welcome bigdrink.gif

It's been awhile, I know. I've been distracted by other things...

Sarah_PlainJoux.jpg

But hoping to get out climbing a bit more this summer than last...

Glad to see the old cc.com is still alive and kicking and up to the usual bigdrink.gifboxing_smiley.gifHCL.gifthe_finger.gifyelrotflmao.gif