shoe repair shop in pdx

ivan

something about my uber technique-less climbing style has resulted in destroying the toe-box of my climbing shoes once again - a tragedy as they were the only pair of old-school hitop lasportivas i could find a few months ago. i wanna see if i can salvage them before i buy new ones - where are the good repair joints in portland?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iain is unwilling or unable to break with his current chossy mistress, that majestic, ski-lift studded pile looming over Portland known as "The Mount Hood." Perhaps DFA will come sample some of this alleged Canadian granite when he becomes fed up enough with America and moves North. 'til then, it's plastic, yellow SmithMud , and Rubik's Cube basalt piles.

• 4 weeks later...

I just got my mythos resoled from Mountain Soles. When I picked them up, I noticed the half soles were already peeling off! I couldn't believe they would stand by that crap! Needless to say, I wasn't planning on paying 50 bucks for poor craftsmanship, so I had them fix the seam. Time will tell how they stand up. My grading scale so far is. ramutas did a great job and the shoes held up over time

Dave Page cobbler - C + (1 pair)

Ramutas -A (2 pairs)

Mountain soles - D