Chalk - you've got to be kidding me...

JosephH

Kevin,

I've not been "bolting the crap out of Beacon". You have Beacon confused with Ozone. Beacon, with a very, very few exceptions that Jim saw and approved, has been a bolt for bolt, pin for pin replacement effort.

Pig,

Eric was here from CO and he did "bolt the crap out of Beacon" if anyone has. He add a considerable number of anchors and protection bolts. How much noise went on then, Kevin? Did you get in Eric's face about it all back then? You were out there the whole time according to you...

Edited by JosephH

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RuMR, I have to agree with flyingpig. Who are you? Do you climb at the rock in question? Do you have a vested interest at the Rock in question? Or are you just trolling? Im not trying to be mean, I just dont know who you are. Most of the folks on this site, know each other in person and use this site to discuss the probems we have.

Kevin,

Jesus you are a one-man bitchfest. If you didn't like the fixed lines Eric put up why didn't you take them down. If you didn't like all the anchors that went in over the years, why didn't you get after all the folks that put them in or take them out? Why is it you've managed to be silent year after year while all these atrocities occured? Eric's trash was up there for years and not a peep. Had I simply removed it all and his top rope anchors without replacing the exact functionality (i.e. I made no functional changes whatsoever) you'd be doing a complete bitchstorm about having taken it all down. As it is, nothing has changed functionally a shred, from before when you weren't bitching - it's all essentially unchanged except that it's just less visible now. If you wanted to bitch at someone it should have been Eric.

But did you bitch to Eric - not about him? Did you tell him not to do it or to take it down? Again, the BRCA notices are for the explicit purposes I've laid out several times now. The rest of this is basically you bring up topics online you say you don't want online - which the hell is it?

RuMR, I have to agree with flyingpig. Who are you? Do you climb at the rock in question? Do you have a vested interest at the Rock in question? Or are you just trolling? Im not trying to be mean, I just dont know who you are. Most of the folks on this site, know each other in person and use this site to discuss the probems we have.

Dude, you keep responding to Joe's posts, consequently, bashing him for taking it to a public forum is stupid...a discussion typically requires two or more people...even dumbasses like steppin'inpigshit...if you feel so strongly about it, why not stay quiet and simply send him an email or a pm?? Otherwise you are contributing to your very own beef yellaf.gifyellaf.gif

Kevin,

Jesus you are a one-man bitchfest. If you didn't like the fixed lines Eric put up why didn't you take them down. If you didn't like all the anchors that went in over the years, why didn't you get after all the folks that put them in or take them out? Why is it you've managed to be silent year after year while all these atrocities occured? Eric's trash was up there for years and not a peep. Had I simply removed it all and his top rope anchors without replacing the exact functionality (i.e. I made no functional changes whatsoever) you'd be doing a complete bitchstorm about having taken it all down. As it is, nothing has changed functionally a shred, from before when you weren't bitching - it's all essentially unchanged except that it's just less visible now. If you wanted to bitch at someone it should have been Eric.

one-man bitchfest!!! I'll have to remember that for my next department meeting!! grin.gif

yellaf.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif

Joseph, you keep shifting the issue to eric as a way to deflect the spotlight from your own actions. But the very reason why people didn't want to run eric out of town - while some people seem to want to run you out of town - is that eric didn't spray about what he did on the internet. he didn't appoint himself king. He just came and climbed what he wanted to climb.

I am not for one second going to defend eric's ethics or actions, so don't even think of engaging me in another argument that distracts from your own actions.

the point, Joseph, is that you have a king-sized ego and it pisses people off.

You also never get too mad at anyone except kevbone. but that's only because you are old enough that you've tempered your temper and you're damn well aware park rangers - by your own invitation - read what you write. you probably even forward them the snippets that make you look the best. so i think you stew privately but censor yourself online.

do the rest of you realize the game joseph is playing?

i at least respect flying pig/andrew (what's up in CO?)for being candid.

and rumr, who the hell are you? why do you matter? seriously?

bottom line, joseph - since who else would i be bitching about - i think you have good intentions for beacon, but yer blowing it.

i matter because i climb there and i put myself out there as bryan smith (have fun googling that, but it's the truth) and so i actually have credibility (i think!) with people who read this.

you're just posting for the sole purpose of entertaining yourself. not that i don't have fun with it, too, but i really climb there and will continue to, so i have an interest in helping shape the direction of beacon - which many of the locals think joseph is harming.

you wouldn't even be following this thread right now if people like me didn't think it mattered at least a little bit.

not to get too serious about it.

Wow, this thread went from 6 to 8 pages in under have a day. JH you might think I did this, but when you showed up and started rearranging the furniture out at Beacon, you started this. I mean you say you have been there since 1987, but know one, and I mean NO ONE, remembers you. You might have climbed there once in a while, but dont go around stating you are a local. You dont even know Ken. Know one asked you to replace all the anchors, matter of fact we asked you to stop. And you keep trucking along.

Fewer anchors, shitty anchors, having to top out, is good for Beacon, keeps the place to climbers who know what they are doing. You should have only replace the jills rap and Flying Dutchman, that it.

Edited by kevbone

Joseph, you keep shifting the issue to eric as a way to deflect the spotlight from your own actions. But the very reason why people didn't want to run eric out of town - while some people seem to want to run you out of town - is that eric didn't spray about what he did on the internet. he didn't appoint himself king. He just came and climbed what he wanted to climb.

I am not for one second going to defend eric's ethics or actions, so don't even think of engaging me in another argument that distracts from your own actions.

I'm not shifting anything, you are. Kevin explicitly brought up this matter of Eric's lines - not me. I've simply answered his posts. As far as Andrew not appointing himself king - he sprays anchors and protection bolts and he gets a complete pass and not one of you call him on it. Right. Bitch on...

You also never get too mad at anyone except kevbone. but that's only because you are old enough that you've tempered your temper and you're damn well aware park rangers - by your own invitation - read what you write. you probably even forward them the snippets that make you look the best. so i think you stew privately but censor yourself online.

Another complete and total lie, Bryan. The rangers have been checking in on CC.com long before I ever interacted with them. I'd don't forward or edit anything to or for them or point out anything for them to read. So is this the level of lawyerly innuendo and bullshit you resort to? Jesus, between Kevin's complete and total hypocrisy and your outright lies it's getting pretty thick around here today.

i at least respect flying pig/andrew (what's up in CO?)for being candid.

Well, now that he's actually come out and finally said who he is it's possible to take him seriously now. It's only candid when you know who the hell is talking.

bottom line, joseph - since who else would i be bitching about - i think you have good intentions for beacon, but yer blowing it.

You're certainly welcome to your opinion...

No, actually they were reading about Beacon when it was posted about and it was. And for the millionth time, the BRCA postings serve a number of very real and necessary purposes (that Jim Opdycke understands and agrees with). You're endless bitching online about shit I didn't mention at all is, on the otherhand, how the majority of online noise about Beacon is, and continues to be, generated. Don't want to talk about Beacon online, then STFU online - otherwise, if you bring a topic up, you can expect me to answer it. Again, which is it?

all this eric talk is making me sick. why is he being brought up and slandered?

when he was here he did 2 new routes. he freed the second pitch of flying dutchman with NO added fixed gear at 11c. his second was a free ascent of the lower part of journey to the east where he put in maybe 3 bolt in 230ft. he never finished the upper pitch which would have had more bolts but not many. that route also wouldn't be considered out of place as the norsemans head is just to the right and is all bolts.

Mark,

I have nothing but respect for the actual climbing Eric did, but the TR anchors and rope are another matter. I have no problem with his new routes - but let's be absolutely honest when we talk about him and what he did out there - relative to new routes, anchors, bolts, and fixed lines Eric did his own thing and it's pretty clear neither Kevin nor Brian nor anyone else called him on any of it at the time despite claims that they didn't like or agree with it. Jim said he didn't like any of it but that Eric was going to do his own thing regardless. No one is "slandering" Eric; Kevin brought up the matter of Eric's fixed line and I've simply replied asking Kevin where were all the objections then about both the line or the added anchors. That Eric, who wasn't a "local", came in and simply did as he pleased adding and changing things is a fact. Just contrasting that with the anchor/pin replacements and Kevin's complaint about replacing Eric's fixed line.

joseph,

you'll argue till your blue in the face and i'm not going to get sucked in. i'm just saying eric isn't here to defend himself and your bashing him. you don't even know him.

people did voice their concerns to him as well - out at beacon. however, jim o was not one of these people. he was all for what was going on. did you voice your concern to him?

when eric was working new routes, he put anchors in. so did you, jim o, me and everyone else that did new routes. not sure your point about that.

joseph, by focusing on eric, you're choosing to focus on one particular tree in the forest, since this helps take the attention away from yourelf.

nobody knew what eric did unless they observed it first hand, therefore his actions were under the radar and not observed by most of the people who read this forum and learn about everything that you've done right down to your opinion on the best way to take a leak on grassy ledges with a harness on. that's why you get this kind of treatment, and other people didn't and don't - and again, i have never even said i had a problem with eric's actions, so you can't accuse me in particular of failing to criticize him or say something to him. i didn't even put up routes back when eric was active, and i was only starting to learn about the ethical component to climbing.