Chalk - you've got to be kidding me...

JosephH

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andrew here.

Chalk is good but you should only use it after having fallen off the move without it.

Don't expect to see me taking my advice, though.

And when sport climbing you can predict the fall and use the chalk in time-advance mode.

But I will be doing the birdshit traverse, today.

And on the subject of Beacon Rock:

Warning.jpg

billcoe-

I do believe he does have a rock hidden under his arms there. It must be for the one and only climber below him, for if he was gunning for hikers, he'd have a lot more ammunition.

DSC00339.jpg

i even chalk up when i drive.

What's this the pimped-out Mercedes anti-dirtbag mobile? Ya had to tell Kevin "Stop chalking up the leather cause yer hands are sweatin', I'm not gonna roll it!" :lmao:

that's me and kev in the stang on our way back to the couv.

DSC00339.jpg

i even chalk up when i drive.

What's this the pimped-out Mercedes anti-dirtbag mobile? Ya had to tell Kevin "Stop chalking up the leather cause yer hands are sweatin', I'm not gonna roll it!" :lmao:

that's me and kev in the stang on our way back to the couv.

And we ate at the shae´s.....

If you don't like chalk maybe you should start a blog and keep track of your efforts in trying to eradicate the white scourge from the prestine faces of our crags. Or maybe you should get off your little stepladder of non-chalked faux elitism that you cling to.

Try being elitist about something else, like the merits of using the carrock bend as a better rappel knot, wearing hand jammies, harnesses, climbing shoes or aid climbing in general.

Until you come up with something useful to say i suggest that you shut up and enjoy the f@#$ing sport. my $.02

Edited by Adventureboy

Well adboy, when you or some other gimp dumps a half a bag of the shit on the first half of the first pitch of a 5.7 trade route within days of the rock opening and I have to wade through it I'll probably feel like ranting all over again about it.

Get your head out of your bag sometime and set your hands free for a pitch or two on a cool day - who knows, maybe you'll be surprised how many of the times you're dipping have nothing to do with need.

If you don't like chalk maybe you should start a blog and keep track of your efforts in trying to eradicate the white scourge from the prestine faces of our crags. Or maybe you should get off your little stepladder of non-chalked faux elitism that you cling to.

Try being elitist about something else, like the merits of using the carrock bend as a better rappel knot, wearing hand jammies, harnesses, climbing shoes or aid climbing in general.

Until you come up with something useful to say i suggest that you shut up and enjoy the f@#$ing sport. my $.02

way to wade back into a 2 year old argument :rolleyes:

i'm torn on the chalk thing in that it is retarded that folks use it regardless of wether or not they need it, especially on silly easy routes, but then, how else would i know which hold to dyno to next at smith if they didn't? :)

way to wade back into a 2 year old argument :rolleyes:

i'm torn on the chalk thing in that it is retarded that folks use it regardless of wether or not they need it, especially on silly easy routes, but then, how else would i know which hold to dyno to next at smith if they didn't? :)

EBI.jpgEBI.jpg

well you can derralick my chalk balls.

Ivan you should make yourself a sign that says "Official Chalk Arbiter" Joseph, perhaps if you dislike buckets of chalk dumped at the base of five gallon buckts or some other warmup you should warmup elsewhere and find some obscure classics rather than strutting your prowess on a heavily trafficked visible route, or for that matter climb some new routes, prolly no chalk there, or yet another suggestion, climb on the non chalked holds.