Chalk - you've got to be kidding me...

JosephH

Mark,

Again, I didn't bring up Eric, Kevin did. The area around Flying Dutchman was altered / changed by Eric, not me; I simply reorganized it to make it less inviting (no rope to clip from Grassy Ledges) and less visible - I changed nothing about the functionality about Eric's rigs there except to remove the line down to the Flying Duchtman sub-ledge.

I did see him working the line once, but never met Eric until after the fact. Jim O. was not all for what was going on according to him when I asked him about it - especially the TR anchors. He explicitly said Eric "was going to do his own thing no matter what..." I'd say ask Jim yourself as either he's changed his tune or telling us two different things.

I have no problem whatsoever with the anchors or even bolts Eric put in on his new routes; as you say, everyone has on FA's. The TR anchors and fixed line are another matter. But I'm not "bashing" him, but my point was to say that I'm not the one responsible for changing things up around Flying Dutchman, Eric was and the bitching should have been directed to him, not me. Again, I agree wholeheartedly with you relative to his new lines being done completely appropriately and that they are good routes.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

joseph, you're choosing to focus on the forest instead of the trees. nobody knew what eric did unless they observed it first hand, therefore his actions were under the radar and not observed by most of the people who read this forum and learn about everything that you've done right down to your opinion on the best way to take a leak on grassy ledges with a harness on. that's why you get this kind of treatment, and other people didn't and don't - and again, i have never even said i had a problem with eric's actions, so you can't accuse me in particular of failing to criticize him or say something to him. i didn't even put up routes back when eric was active, and i was only starting to learn about the ethical component to climbing.

Nope, you're changing the focus - Kevin, not me started this round of discussion. Kevin, not me posted about Eric's lines. Again, you don't want this shit sprayed online, talk to your man Kevin - he's the one that brought it up. Yet another conversation we didn't need to have online that I didn't start. Which part of "I didn't bring it up online" don't you get?

Hold the phone Joe, CHECK the thread, I never mentioned Eric. YOU did. I just asked about that particular area, and you went off about Eric and his rope. I dont care about Eric, I only care about what you are doing now with Beacon.

Why did you add an anchor in the ground up there? You say bolt for bolt, pin for pin. I call you bullshit. What about the tree anchor to the right of Bluebird, You went bolt for webbing. Or Windsurfer (another added anchor) or right under the crux of dods jam, another added anchor. So its not just bolt for Bolt, pin for pin. Its all about your agenda.

Edited by kevbone

No, you hold the phone Kevin, you brought up his lines and accused me of making it all inviting. I responded by explaining, no, that was Eric that installed all that stuff. You can't separate one from the other. If you didn't want to talk about Eric's work up there then you shouldn't bring it up. The idea that you can simply accuse me of Eric's work and then somehow not talk about him is complete bullshit. And as I just said above, the anchor low to the ground was to enable the removal of Eric's line from the tree above up on Grassy Ledge; part of the deal with the BRSP was anchors off of the trees, that made that an anchor-for-anchor swap for the tree and also one that can by used for a one-rap litter op if we have to do a rescue off of Grassy Ledge.

Yep, I added one at Windsurfer and at Dod's below the tree (again, to get it off the tree and also Jim wanted that one). With regards to the Windsurfer anchor. There are two now, the one over Pipeline and Fresh Squeeze and the one directly back from Windsurfer - we can take one out but Windsurfer gets the traffic and having to anchor way to the left on the Pipeline/Fresh Squeeze anchor that Eric had the long, thin chains on is pretty ridiculous. Given Windsurfer is the one that gets all the traffic that is the one that should stay and folks wanting to do Fresh Squeeze should be the ones doing the stretch as far as I'm concerned. As for Summer Breeze, again, the deal with the BRSP was anchors off of the trees - and specifically Dod's and Summer Breeze in particular.

all you guys should go to a seedy bar in Lake Oswego and get shitfaced, argue, and then have a good old-fashioned punch up, instead of all this nancy-boy internet whining. You Portlanders sure seem like a bunch of pussies.

swear to god, that's a good idea...donny baker'd tell ya to yer face, he would! boxing_smiley.gif

Let me put it another way. You said the name Eric first. And you just addmitted it.

No I didn't. Yes you did. No I didn't. Yes you did. No I didn't. Yes you did. No I didn't. Yes you did. No I didn't. Yes you did. No I didn't. Yes you did. No I didn't. Yes you did. No I didn't. Yes you did. No I didn't. Yes you did.No I didn't. Yes you did. No I didn't. Yes you did. No I didn't. Yes you did. No I didn't. Yes you did. No I didn't. Yes you did. No I didn't. Yes you did. No I didn't. Yes you did. No I didn't. Yes you did. No I didn't. Yes you did.No I didn't. Yes you did. No I didn't. Yes you did. No I didn't. Yes you did. No I didn't. Yes you did. No I didn't. Yes you did. No I didn't. Yes you did. No I didn't. Yes you did. No I didn't. Yes you did. No I didn't. Yes you did.No I didn't. Yes you did. No I didn't. Yes you did. No I didn't. Yes you did. No I didn't. Yes you did. No I didn't. Yes you did. No I didn't. Yes you did. No I didn't. Yes you did. No I didn't. Yes you did. No I didn't. Yes you did.

yellaf.gif

"I responded by explaining, no, that was Eric that installed all that stuff."

Let me put it another way. You said the name Eric first. And you just addmitted it.

Again, blaming me for Eric's work and then expecting me not to "name Eric first" is about as chicken shit as it gets Kevin...

Anyone who climbs at Beacon and does not openly state who they are (RuMR), or just doesn’t climb there, should never post here again, because you have no credibility, You (RuMR are realy good at trolling, I see you posts everywhere).

As you can see, Joe and others and I are having a discussion, however in disagreement, still a discussion. And if you don’t have anything to add to the topic…., well, you know where you stand.

Anyone who climbs at Beacon and does not openly state who they are (RuMR), or just doesn’t climb there, should never post here again, because you have no credibility, You (RuMR are realy good at trolling, I see you posts everywhere).

As you can see, Joe and others and I are having a discussion, however in disagreement, still a discussion. And if you don’t have anything to add to the topic…., well, you know where you stand.

OMFG, that is the funniest post I've ever read. yelrotflmao.gif

Bro is so sincere too yellaf.gif

DirtyHarry

If its so funny, then who are you and what are your credentials for adding to the discusion. Or how about just adding without being funny. Could you do this?

Or are you going to make another stupid post slamming yet another topic you know nothing about. Its called trolling.

he knows what he's talking about... yelrotflmao.gif

man, why don't you guys get three way calling and not post this in a PUBLIC FORUM? Duh!

And why does someone have to have "credentials" to call you clowns idiots??? What, do you go to ClownU?

do we have to climb 5.13 or harder? whatcha want man, whatcha want??

Big Hint: Take it offline...your lucky Dru's not here to crap all over this lame thread... thumbs_down.gif

DirtyHarry

If its so funny, then who are you and what are your credentials for adding to the discusion. Or how about just adding without being funny. Could you do this?

Or are you going to make another stupid post slamming yet another topic you know nothing about. Its called trolling.

Another gem. yelrotflmao.gif

You guys (joe,kev,and flying pig boy) are a bunch of clownpunchers. boxing_smiley.gif

get a life

Hey Bryon, I'll have you know that while you louses had left me all alone and were out f*ing around putting up a Granite remote semi-big wall first ascent this weekend, these proud, hard working internet warriors were spraying hard. grin.gif

Someone has to do it.

Clownpunchers indeed.

Los dose Clownpunchers por favor, full story link click this?

4479route.JPG

Schweet stuff. Noticed last time this kind of discussion ensued, Jim Anglin said: You boyz need a "Road Trip" and left us for Yosemite.

I gotta start being nicer to these guys so I can get me some climbing invites. Hot damn thats a pretty hunk of remote granite.

Nice FA dudes. Bet you had chalk though, didn ya?

Now, back to our regulary scheduled flame war. Sorry for the interuption.