Chalk - you've got to be kidding me...

JosephH

doesn't sound like jim o - not his style.

my guess is that it's, without naming names, the guy we all know who lives in colorado. he is very passionate. if it's not him - he's another that would have some productive things to say and while he doesn't live here - he's definitely a "local."

i'd be surprised if kevbone would actually go to the trouble to get another account and email address. i also don't think he'd get into name calling... but what do i know.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My two cents on flyingpig, with the caveat that his comments don't even matter:

It's not Jim O. or Kevbone. It's a gay-baiting redneck who climbed at beacon at least as far back as the late 90s. I appreciate that he shares my concerns about Joseph emerging from obscurity and deciding to become self-appointed King Beacon at the cost of possibly doing more harm than good at Beacon, long-term.

Then again, the alienating tough-guy stance - combined with his decision to stay anonymous even after being called out on his anonymity - means that flyingpig has zero relevance in this discussion.

Flyingpig, you may make me laugh, but as your name implies, you don't even exist

A bit of chalk when it's really needed is one thing, but when folks drench a pitch of the corner, Jill's, YW, or any other pitch with somewhere in the neighborhood of quarter of a block of chalk, well it could just be me, but I personally think it's a complete drag to go out to climb something and find it in that condition; it's way beyond the necessary.

Chalk-a-holics need a surrogate distraction. I suggest a set of rosary beads on a rosary belt. So when you are trying to get up the nerve to make a tough move, instead of dipping, you just fiddle with the beads and say a silent prayer or something. "Lord above, deliver me safely through this heinous dyno I am about to commit to, amen".

Joseph: remember watching that hot Croation girl follow the corner, she'd chalked at least 10 times each hand for the first 5 or 6 moves! yelrotflmao.gif Then she got stymied at the crux for @ 20-30 min and wanted to quit, you free soloed over to point at holds and encourage her. Funny stuff. That shit was slathered on eh?

yelrotflmao.gif

I do a traverse at the Butte that has a bunch of linked easy class 5 moves. Everyone chalks the shit out of it, and the result is I get to breath the dust and grab the now greasy holds, I'd like to see people not use so much.... but I'll admit I'd be dipping my stubby dick in it if I could climb like Powderhound or Markd. cantfocus.gifyelrotflmao.gif

BTW, I think Scratchandsniff might have it figured out. Flyingpig, I have a new phone now (Treo600! chestbeat ), if you leave a message to go climbing I should get it sooner than 2 weeks later like last time. Sorry I missed you guys.

is this flying "i love the trains" pig I ran into at the top of fear o flying last year

Cobra, what is this crazy shit? Are you intimating that you ARE really a climber and really do climb?

Who knew that shit? Learn something new every day. yelrotflmao.gif

wave.gif

Update: Larry J isn't the flyingpig S and Sniff, I saw him Sat at Beacon and asked him. Nope, not him. Other Larry lives in Utah, writes coherently (as Areyoumydude on RC.com) and would be upfront with his idendity.

Edited by billcoe

Trog, I haven't checked out the colored chalk in awhile, but my recollection is that it was rather slippery and counterproductive. For me, chalk use is at least as much nervous tic and calming ritual as it is functional, and having a chalk ball rather than loose chalk helps cut down on the impact. I think I'll be paying closer attention to what I'm doing the next few times out, sort out the "need" versus "want" balance.

oink! oink! Glad to see everybody went climbing this weekend. How was it? Good times! I hope everybody gets what they need at the meeting that you are planning. Perhaps somebody should be appointed class president. WHO WOULD YOU VOTE FOR? Sounds like a big responsibility to me. Just to let everbody know, i won't be running this year. I'm to busy flying.

Mikey!

wave.gif

There, consider yourself outted! yelrotflmao.gif

Wait, Mike is literate.

Hmmm............unless it's an act......hmmmmm maybe not.

Damn. yelrotflmao.gif

I'm to busy flying.
Edited by billcoe

Bill, i consider you one of the good guys. take it easy on me. i'm new at this.

Hey, tell my wife! Dude, that's why I put in the yelrotflmao.gif thinggy. It's suppose to mean that I'm saying it lighthearted!

BTW, drinking fest is on for Wed if you want to fly up for it! You'd really like Joseph. Don't bring Kenny he'd just drink all your beer then probably kick everyones ass. grin.gif

Now to get some real business discussed: Turns out that Austraila is upset that there are ugly sheep. Australian scientists have called on the country's farmers to report any ugly sheep found in their flocks.

I heartily concur, bout time this serious issue was addressed. yelrotflmao.gif

Link below:

Xtreme Sheep

Well, I was there climbing in Arapiles while back and they seemed to be doing quite well in the pubs already.

I think what might have happened is that somebody down there did indeed finally sober up and looking around at the various "Meadow Mates" said to themselves "Damn, some of these critters is ugly!" blush.gif