Game Over!

Peter_Puget

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sincerely, fuck you Fairweather for implying that we liberals are less patriotic than your sanctimonious self.

Fuck you.

I can stand the rest of your obnoxious opinions, but that one better change.

Or what?

When I cited j_b's 'side of the fence', I should have been more specific and said something like "his corner of the world". I surely didn't mean to paint the average liberal with the same brush I use for j_b - who has expressed a constant and unambiguous disdain for everything American. Did I call anyone unpatriotic? No. But if that label applies to ANYONE on this board, it is certainly j_b.

way too late fairweather. like all wingnuts, for the last few years you have been busy applying the labels "unamerican", "unpatriotic" to anyone who opposes bush policies. your disgusting baiting to beat folks into line does not work anymore. ironically, for once that you could demonstrate the values you claim to hold dear, you end up supporting a 2-bit thug who places dirty partisan politicking ahead of the interests of the nation. way to go, hypocrite. orwell is sure to roll in his grave.

for the record, i challenge you to cite one thing i ever said that was "unpatriotic". i am not holding my breath considering your appalling record at substantiating any of your opinions.

Can't help but think there's a lot more to this than spin:

We know that Valerie Plame was a CIA operative at the head of certain overseas operations that provided the United States with intelligence on weapons of mass destruction. We know those operations were compromised when Valerie Plame was outed by a leak of information said to come from the White House.

Of great concern to millions of Americans is that this alleged leak, and the subsequent damage to the intelligence network, occurred after that covert operation successfully provided the United States with accurate information about weapons of mass destruction at a time when that accurate information is believed to have been contrary to the political aims of the Bush administration.

Never mind the spin, it isn't over until it's over.

The Independent Duty to Verify the Classified Status of Information

Mr. Rove's attorney has implied that if Mr. Rove learned Ms. Wilson's identity and occupation from a reporter, this somehow makes a difference in what he can say about the information. This is inaccurate. The executive order states: "Classified information shall not be declassified automatically as a result of any unauthorized disclosure of identical or similar information." [4]

Mr. Rove was not at liberty to repeat classified information he may have learned from a reporter. Instead, he had an affirmative obligation to determine whether the information had been declassified before repeating it. The briefing booklet is explicit on this point: "before disseminating the information elsewhere ... the signer of the SF 312 must confirm through an authorized official that the information has, in fact, been declassified." [5]

"Negligent" Disclosure of Classified Information

Mr. Rove's attorney has also implied that Mr. Rove's conduct should be at issue only if he intentionally or knowingly disclosed Ms. Wilson's covert status. In fact, the nondisclosure agreement and the executive order require sanctions against security clearance holders who "knowingly, willfully, or negligently" disclose classified information. [6] The sanctions for such a breach include "reprimand, suspension without pay, removal, termination of classification authority, loss or denial of access to classified information, or other sanctions." [7]

The White House Obligations under Executive Order 12958

Under the executive order, the White House has an affirmative obligation to investigate and take remedial action separate and apart from any ongoing criminal investigation. The executive order specifically provides that when a breach occurs, each agency must "take appropriate and prompt corrective action."8 This includes a determination of whether individual employees improperly disseminated or obtained access to classified information.

The executive order further provides that sanctions for violations are not optional. The executive order expressly provides: "Officers and employees of the United States Government ... shall be subject to appropriate sanctions if they knowingly, willfully, or negligently ... disclose to unauthorized persons information properly classified."

There is no evidence that the White House complied with these requirements.

End Notes

[1] Executive Order No. 12958, Classified National Security Information (as amended), sec. 4.1(a) (Mar. 28, 2003) (online at www.archives.gov/isoo/policy_documents/executive_order_ 12958_amendment.html).

[2] Classified Information Nondisclosure Agreement, Standard Form 312 (Prescribed by NARA/ISOO) (32 C.F.R. 2003, E.O. 12958) (online at http://contacts.gsa.gov/webforms.nsf/ 0/03A78F16A522716785256A69004E23F6/$file/SF312.pdf).

[3] Information Security Oversight Office, National Archives and Records Administration, Briefing Booklet: Classified Information Nondisclosure Agreement (Standard Form 312), at 73 (emphasis added) (online at www.archives.gov/isoo/training/standard_form_312.pdf).

[4] Executive Order No. 12958, sec. 1.1(b).

[5] Briefing Booklet, supra note 3, at 73.

[6] Executive Order No. 12958, sec. 5.5(b) (emphasis added).

[7] Id. at 5.5©. 8 Id. at 5.5(e)(1). 9 Id. at 5.5(b).

It does not realy matter where the info comes from. I am just as much at fault if I steal the shape of charges to provide a symetrical implosion orif I derive them myself. It is the act of disclosining them not the derivation which is signifignant. Similarly it does not matter ifI devine, steal or recive the idenity of a covert operator, it is the disclosure which is operative.

Why don't you go inject yourself into a funeral thread bucko?
As always, ...skills at condescending dimissals of those with opposite views amazes. Such dismissal, consisting solely of snide sentances lacking any substantive thought show the intellectual character lurking beneath the veneer of bad verbiage.

You prove your point continually and well.

Admittedly, it is fun in this venue to write barbs aimed at others and to read them; I think most of us participate to an extent. The running comedy in your attacks of others is in how often your criticisms apply easily to yourself...

...as you've demonstrated above.

Lighten up, cj, and learn to laugh at yourself or do you fear too greatly being thought a fool? Accept it, you are a fool as are all of us in many regards. Cementing your identity in intellectualism is fraught with serious pratfalls in the ubiquitous quest for contentment. Everyone's intellectual capacity, including yours, is limited. If your self-worth is based on yours and others assessment of your own intelligence, get used to kissing the asses of everyone who have greater capacity and/or have been at the game longer than you.

Another pratfall is to publicly proclaim yourself as the arbiter of "substantive thought".

Now, you may kiss my ass. wink.gif

yelrotflmao.gif

Easy, now. Remember, lighten up.

The hard right in this country is the biggest collection of UNPATRIOTIC fucks in the entire populace. Never has a group of assholes been so selfish about pressing their own twisted beliefs and forcing them upon others and sacrificing what their country stands for to do it. You right wingers that sit here and argue that the conservative base of this country represents the "patriots" are so fucking blind it isn't even funny. I love this country more than anything, and that is why i want to save it from the assholes that want to ruin it! And those assholes aren't the liberals. They are the people that work to press their "ideals" on all of us, benifit their corporate backers at the expense of all of us and sell our fiscal future to the rest of the world to benifit their wealthy base. All of this crap goes directly against what this country stands for: a place where everybody's rights are proected, be it from minority or majority oppression. If you think that supporting people who believe that a powerful minority should hold a disproportionate amount of power over the majority is being a patriot, than fuck off and move to a totalitarian country where you can buy your way into the power structure and truly reign supreme over the rest of the people. On the other hand, I, and most of the others you think aren't patriotic, believe in making this country a better place for all. THAT IS A PATRIOT. You aren't.

We haven't been asked to pay for our little misadventures directly. However local taxes are going up, I think because the feds can no longer put out as much $ as they used to.

The war in Iraq will become unpopular real fast if taxes are raised to pay for it. Arm chair patriots, "I'll support the war as long as I don't have to pay for it".

Edited by Dave_Schuldt

so PP isn't going to provide a link to wilson's quote in spite of my request for one ... which, by the way i did a search for and couldn't verify.

perhaps, PP shouldn't be given the benefit of the doubt ...

PP is the king of right wing propoganda dropping. He then dissapears and never really supports his argument after his initial turd-drop.

PP is the king of right wing propoganda dropping. He then dissapears and never really supports his argument after his initial turd-drop.

Insulting someone's intelligence or patriotism doesn't support an argument? blush.gif

hehe. it just occured to me - if questioning the intelligence of the president's actions (which, in this case, are retarted) makes you "unpatriotic" what does constnatly belittling the president for lying about getting a blowjob constitute? Sounds like treason to me!! Not to mention they harped on a president who inmproved the country across the board for EVERYBODY versus a select few, who, ironically, are actually quite a bit poorer than under Clinton. Fucking right wing idiots...they must thank god every day for discovering fear tactics and ideological brainwashing since their political policies have proven throughout the ages to be inferior.

Hey, PP and co., what do you guys think about bringing back slavery and child labor? What about returning to no workers rights and the inability for a minority to get a fair trial? Your political brothers sure have left a positive legacy on this nation. rolleyes.gif

Really, though, if there ever was a time to be unpatriotic, this is it. These clowns are leaving us nothing to be proud of, nothing to show to citizens of other nations, to point at and say "look, here, this is what makes America great."

What do we show them? A war on terror that has sparked terror around the world? An administration that operates a barely-concealed smear operation and glibly denies knowledge or complicity despite the evidence? Legislation that favors corporate good over that of its own citizens? Pulling the rug out from under the elderly, the young, and the middle class? What?

The land of maple, moose, mounties, and Molson never looked so damn good.