Index Favor

inacan

I have to say I was all excited to check out the ecosystem destruction at Index today. After reading Ben's diatribe I figured something bad must have happened.

What I saw was a few fixed lines on the lower wall, some evidence of recent dirt trundling at the base Godzilla, and the start of Godzilla seemed a little grittier than normal.

Oh yeah there were some birds flying around screaching, but it seems like they were doing it for fun as nobody was trundling anything; plus birds never lived on the cleared out ledge.

All and all another internet battle turns out to be a tempest in a tea cup yet again. Maybe someday there'll be something worth all the spray that this board generates. wink.gif

Ben you get my whiny ass bitch of the month award. Just how do you figure all those cool crack climbs got so clean at Index?? smirk.gif

Trundle this snaf.gif

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some of the cracks were cleaned when they blew the shit up to build crap at the capitol and other places. I will whine about the poor timing and the fact that the birds were pissed...apparently still pissed cuz there home is wrecked.

fruthermore, obviously, the rain helped clean up the cidiots mess AND no one needs to explain to me how many climbs get cleaned. I used spend countless hours scrubbing dirt in Leavenworth at the NEW SUPER SECRET CRAG when I was younger....due to enlightenment about clean climbing I realized not all dirt needs to be removed nor does it need to happen ala cheating, hanging around like a useless human.

But, as all you geeks say, the dot dot has prevailed again in producing nothing more than a bunch of slanderous drivel.

have a nice day!

the_finger.gif

Ben Dover-a-cow-ski.

Who's the idiot. There was never any large raptor living right above Godzilla. I've been up on the 2nd pitch of City Park a couple times this year and I would have noticed a large bird trying to peck my eyes out cause I was so close to her nest. Nobody else notice it either.

And furthermore who made you the representitive of country bumpkins? You live in Seattle which isn't the country, and you went to school at WWU which is not some farm college.

You lived in Leavenworth, but all that makes you knoledgeable about is wearing lederhozen and seting up quoint boutiques full of dream catchers.

If you really want to be country why not move to Enumclaw for 10 years and get a job on a farm. I'm sure the horses would find you attractive. yellaf.gif

Ben Dover-a-cow-ski.

Who's the idiot. There was never any large raptor living right above Godzilla. I've been up on the 2nd pitch of City Park a couple times this year and I would have noticed a large bird trying to peck my eyes out cause I was so close to her nest. Nobody else notice it either.

And furthermore who made you the representitive of country bumpkins? You live in Seattle which isn't the country, and you went to school at WWU which is not some farm college.

You lived in Leavenworth, but all that makes you knoledgeable about is wearing lederhozen and seting up quoint boutiques full of dream catchers.

If you really want to be country why not move to Enumclaw for 10 years and get a job on a farm. I'm sure the horses would find you attractive. yellaf.gif

fuck you feck!

why do you antagonize and poke most posters on this site?

yar, you are the idiot, cuz the raptor wasn't living on the ledge above city park (i too have been there a few times without incident) I bet the raptor was living near enough to be disturbed by the Ignorant Behavior of the Janitor of INjustice. Go fuking throw yourself in your treegrinder why don't you.

to clarify mr fecks drizzle-

I live in seattle for money.

Leavenworth and its gay fukin charade can burn down for all I care.

I do know how to shoot a shotgun, fish and start a fire with flint/steel but, I would rather go rock climbing so In short...whatever.

BTW- Enumclaw is hardly the country...now Wyoming...that is some good ole territory. wazzup.gif

As far as the raptors being pissed goes. (I am going to go out on a limb here and assume they are peregrines) Most climbers are very unlikely to know the difference between pissed off falcons and typical falcon behavior. In addition I would guess that many climbers would not know a falcon nest side if they toped out on it. Falcons do not make nests like many other birds. Any flat ledge is fair game. Usually if moma bird is not there the only obvious sign of a nest site would be some bird shit and some feathers. I am not saying anyone did anything wrong in this case, but it is very important that climbers keep a very wide berth of any raptors in the spring because it can be quite hard to tell where the nests are.

When considering what is or is not a good time to clean, I say that the benefit of the doubt ought to go to the guy who's actually DOING THE WORK. Amazing how people are so ambitious for others to come and freeze their ass off on a November day so they can climb nice clean routes in July.

Total agreement CBS, except somebody who shows up in Nov. could have the same complaint. I had read Szyjakowski's post earlier and did not understand what he was talking about, but I didn't say anything because it wasn't clear why he was all pissy. Now I understand and he really doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Szyjakowski- cleaning a route is hard, but important work, nobody pats you on the back. I'm OK with you not offering to help out, and I'm OK with you not thanking them. I even understand you not being happy that someone messed up your route for the day. I'd but really, really think you need to reconsider your uncalled for complaining and screaming about this. Those cracks didn't become clean by themselves.

It sounds like you would you prefer people just go climb on it an and knock the rocks down over time on you and everyone else below?

Or perhaps staying off of it forever is what you are getting at. Maybe nobody should ever climb there: EVER. I don't know. Maybe all the routes that have been done are all that should ever be done?

Seeing that it was raining and middle of the week - what do you expect? I'd suggest you need to go climb somewhere else if somebody is cleaning, offer to help out, or wake up earlier and get there first.