What Fuels the Psyche of a Climber?

catbirdseat

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Glad I got a good foundation for becoming an elite climber.

I'm glad I have a good foundation for having group sex.

For the record, I would like to add that I have NEVER had group sex.

Maybe I've just been too eager. confused.gif

bug-- there are pills and "techniques" to stop you from being "too eager"

Minx, you shouldn't waste your time with all that "lab" and "chem" stuff.

Marketing, baby, marketing.

NO wait---QA!!! That's it--QA.....

Please send all propositions by PM. grin.gif

"Generally, the high-sensation-seeking types fall into four broad categorizations. Some fill more than one: thrill and adventure seeking; experience seeking (non-conformity or impulsiveness, for example); disinhibition seeking (such as multiple sex partners, drugs or drinking); and boredom susceptibility."

ciao.gif

"They have in common this: They love taking risks," ...I like taking calculated risks, and I dislike taking unnecessary risks.

I loved playing "Risk" as a kid. The key is to take over Australia or South America, save up the extra continent points and then invade other areas (like Africa.) grin.gif Never try to hold Asia or Europe... hellno3d.gif

actually the trick to winning risk is to build up a massive blob army and send it lurching around the globe conquering countries, while leaving only token forces in all the conquered states. Geek_em8.gif i think gwb2 might have played risk as a kid altho i bet he cheated at it.

"They have in common this: They love taking risks," ...I like taking calculated risks, and I dislike taking unnecessary risks.

I loved playing "Risk" as a kid. The key is to take over Australia or South America, save up the extra continent points and then invade other areas (like Africa.) grin.gif Never try to hold Asia or Europe... hellno3d.gif

You sound like an elite Risk player.

actually the trick to winning risk is to build up a massive blob army and send it lurching around the globe conquering countries, while leaving only token forces in all the conquered states. Geek_em8.gif

That's what I'm saying, save the extra armies by gaining a continent, build a blob and take over... Oh yeah, you have to gain a new country every round, so that you get a card. wink.gif

I was actually a bit impressed with the article. It was not the usual dribble about extreme sports, pushing it to the limit, andrenaline junky crap, etc...

The author of that aricle is a climber....

The author of that aricle is a climber....

...who, bored, stole the idea for the story from a fellow crack-head at a Wesson party.

Actually, it seemed amazingly similar to the story quoted here...

http://www.cascadeclimbers.com/threadz/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/472358/an/0/page/2#472358

The text that "faster_than_you" pasted was from a psychobabble journal published in 1994.

-kurt

And just for the records, all those Boeing engigeer / Mountaineer types, they don't climb because they are adrenaline junkies, they climb because they see climbing as rewarding rule-based, structured thought process. Same with the social aspect of it and having to do certain climbs so you can get your intermediate status or whatever.

That adrenaline junky car thief bullshit might apply to dirtbag rock monkey or modern alpinists, but not to your run of the mill northwest mountaineers, who are the ones who have been involved in the recent publicized accidents.