What Fuels the Psyche of a Climber?

catbirdseat

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just think, now for societal cost we can always tell people, well, our other option is to be criminals or junkies! They cost the tax payer way more than climbing rescues! As climbers we support the entire outdoor industry instead of stealing peoples mail and commiting identity theft!!

Just think, now for societal cost we can always tell people, well, our other option is to be criminals or junkies! They cost the tax payer way more than climbing rescues! As climbers we support the entire outdoor industry instead of stealing peoples mail and commiting identity theft!!
Excellent point! We are the ones who would have otherwise become criminals had we not been "socialized differenetly" into becoming climbers.

"Generally, the high-sensation-seeking types fall into four broad categorizations. Some fill more than one: thrill and adventure seeking; experience seeking (non-conformity or impulsiveness, for example); disinhibition seeking (such as multiple sex partners, drugs or drinking); and boredom susceptibility."

bigdrink.gifsmileysex5.gif

I think that should serve as a reasonable justification for the government actually sponsoring my climbing need. Much like a methadone clinic, there could be a government store where Icould display my certified adrenaline junky card and have fresh gear issued to me whenever I want.

Yeah, I like that idea fruit.gif

"Generally, the high-sensation-seeking types fall into four broad categorizations. Some fill more than one: thrill and adventure seeking; experience seeking (non-conformity or impulsiveness, for example); disinhibition seeking (such as multiple sex partners, drugs or drinking); and boredom susceptibility."

...and the use of chunky peanut butter and textured condoms.

"Generally, the climbers types display four broad traits: thrill and adventure seeking; experience seeking (non-conformity or impulsiveness, for example); disinhibition seeking (such as multiple sex partners, drugs or drinking); and boredom susceptibility."

yep, that's us. grin.gif

Glad I got a good foundation for becoming an elite climber.

I'm glad I have a good foundation for having group sex.

For the record, I would like to add that I have NEVER had group sex.

Maybe I've just been too eager. confused.gif

"Freedom of the Hills:" THE LOST CHAPTERS.

Rumored to have been written by Beckey during a 1960's era physchodelic induced climbing trip to India, heavily inspired by the Kama Sutra and other ancient east indian tantric sex mystics.

... Hidden somewhere deep in the North Cascades, next to a horsecock shaped rock.

"Freedom of the Hills:" THE LOST CHAPTERS.

Rumored to have been written by Beckey during a 1960's era physchodelic induced climbing trip to India, heavily inspired by the Kama Sutra and other ancient east indian tantric sex mystics.

... Hidden somewhere deep in the North Cascades, next to a horsecock shaped rock.

...claimed to have been unearthed from the last of hundreds of excavations by an alpine woodchuck and now the basis of the cult religion "Marmotism".