Index disfavor

Szyjakowski

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought he was just trying to demonstrate his ability make numbered lists and make excessive use of gay little posty things while attempting to sound all sierra club n shit.

hey kix fuck off! I loathe the sierra choads!

anyone who questions why I am pissed truly doesn't understand what fragile boundries climbers have with agencies like say the fish and wildlife. suppose some nazi employee happened to notice the extremely pissed off hawks yesterday. suppose they then got the state park to close the lower town wall because of what this monkey-wanna-be-janitor did to the cliff. And don't think those government officials will not enjoy closing another cliff to climbing.

Seriously, not every spec of dirt needs to be removed from the rock to preserve the lovely crack systems we have in index. that is why i stated go back to colorade or sierras, where immaculate clean rock prevails.

slaphappy-

I was implying to just do it in the winter or on a rainy day. Not when the weather is good to crank....

...and other people, don't bitch about schedules... no one hired this person to clean up the crag.

most people think it was fine as it was. Niether, was this a very good eaglescout project...

lastly, the loud mouth the CIDIOT heard was not just mine, I was with my buddy, who complains louder and spews more logic then most humans.

and for anyone who cares...a cidiot...is an idiot from the city.

Hey Gary...what exactly does being polite have to do with it? Should one be polite when they catch someone keying your car?

Are YOU polite when you drop something on someone's head?

Was he polite when he single handedly made a huge fucking mess out of an entire third of the cliff? I mean there is shit sprayed EVERYWHERE all the way over to tatoosh (and you guys thought that used to be dirty yelrotflmao.gif) No less when he did it on a stellar day for climbing with no notification? Something of that magnitude needs to be done carefully in steps and with some discussion before hand...

On routes that i've cleaned where i'm dumping loose rock that will kill someone, i've been up at fucking 3:00 AM so no one else would even be remotely around...

Fuck, even the stinkin' gym ropes off areas that they are working on...

actually we were going to climb thin fingers to NAD.

and we cussed him out cuz he was a moron.

politeness does not always learn the idiot, sometimes it encourages his/her behavior.

besides later in the pking lot as we were leaving, he showed face and he knew. he did not answer my friends question either. he was upset when talking to you because he realized what a dumb fukin mistake he made...and if he didn't.... perhaps next time the hawk will peck his eyes out.

I'm curious to see what happened.

In an area like the lower town wall I don't think you should do large scale trundling durring a dry day in the summer. If you really want to clean a new route suck it up and get wet and cold while doing it in the early spring.

Gary, this isn't grad school; this is the real world. Sometimes being polite is for spineless toadies.

I was Gary's partner yesterday. When we turned up at the base of Godzilla, it was immediately obvious that something bizarre was going on; dirt, moss, and fresh rock everywhere. Almost immediately the Gardener showed, in a bad mood, having just tangled, apparently, with Rudy and Ben. He started to go off about how somebody's got to clean these routes (I think Gary paraphrased his position accurately earlier in the thread). I said, fine, but I drove all the way out here to get on Sloe Children. I guess I was polite. In any case, as Gary said, he held off further gardening until both of us were at the City Park ledge.

I don't think the result would've been any better if I'd said, effin eh, you better effin get your ass off this cliff before I throw it off. I agree that gardening at Lower Town is better left for wet winter weekdays. I hope the Gardener got that message. As to who got the message across to him better, us or yall, we'll never know. And it's not like I don't have a temper. But it's my experience that if I can communicate without losing it, the results are more to my liking.

Rudy, the water bottle thing was my fault. I had effed up the start of the Children and downclimbed to the anchor to start over, stepping on the bottle in the process. It was a completely weird situation, but we should've yelled, and, as I said to your other buddy when we got down, I'm sorry.

-- Ian

Wish i read this thread ealier. Thin fingers was covered in several INCHES of dirt. how much shit did this guy clean? holy chirst!

at the same time, if folks didn't clean it, index would be teething with pterydactyls and moss gollums. Still, pretty friggin lame time to start a cleaning proj, right when summer is starting. it better rain pretty hard soon to clean up that flippin mess. holy shit. add a letter grade to everything in the trundle zone.

soooo, who's doing the cleaning? dude, thanks for the effort, but maybe you should'a done this in the winter or at least asked around if folks thought it'd be a good idea this time of year.

By chance are u going to clean all the dirt off the cliff from Jap Gardens to Thin Fingers...Its quite the mess! I used my shirt to slap off the dirt on 2nd Pitch of Jap Gardens just so I could finish. Godzilla was a disaster took my buddy 30 mins of knocking loose dirt off the holds so he could climb the first 3rd of the climb. If u clean the top...u should clean the bottom! Besides that Im looking forward to the link-up...Should be pretty cool when its finished.

Wish i read this thread ealier. Thin fingers was covered in several INCHES of dirt. how much shit did this guy clean? holy chirst!

at the same time, if folks didn't clean it, index would be teething with pterydactyls and moss gollums. Still, pretty friggin lame time to start a cleaning proj, right when summer is starting. it better rain pretty hard soon to clean up that flippin mess. holy shit. add a letter grade to everything in the trundle zone.

soooo, who's doing the cleaning? dude, thanks for the effort, but maybe you should'a done this in the winter or at least asked around if folks thought it'd be a good idea this time of year.

Michael...the routes were pretty much pristine...they only got dirty after the CIDIOT removed an entire ledge system above them...

You just love twisting my words. There's a difference between being consciously busy and being unconsciously focused. By the time our minds zoomed out from pinkpoint mode to how come that spinning water bottle is falling through the trees, it was too late to say anything.

twist

twist

lastly, the loud mouth the CIDIOT heard was not just mine, I was with my buddy, who complains louder and spews more logic then most humans.

Angry Midget I presume.

madgo_ron.gif angry==> the_finger.gif <==midget madgo_ron.gif

BTW- if anyone knows this dork-ass-retrocleaning-cidiot, please pass this message to him. thanks and have a nice day! bigdrink.gif

Sounds like this guy chose a bad time to start his project, should have waited until fall.

But I'll bet if this route turns out to be cool we'll all be climbing it and possibly even thanking him for all his hard work.

As for the birds, did he actually destroy their nest or just get in their area and piss them off?