Index disfavor

Szyjakowski

TO the CIDIOT who decided to clean off the dirt supported ecosystem from the park bench ledges and such from around godzilla towards thin fingers. the_finger.gif u very much.

a few questions....

1-did you happen to hear the pissed off nesting falcons?

2-did you happen to notice other people climbing nearby?

3-did you happen to realize it was a great summer day with cool temps?

4-did you think at all?

please go clean dirt off some other crag and leave the plants, dirt and animals alone.

they were fine and did not seriously threaten you nor any climbers while comingling on the lower town wall.

better yet go back to the sierras or colorade, but before you go leave forever go remove all dirt from the once clean cracks and base area of the lower town wall.

you make me want to puke.

the_finger.gifthe_finger.gifthe_finger.gifthe_finger.gifthe_finger.gifthe_finger.gif

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeebus, chill out.

Let's not forget that those "once clean cracks" were once lines of moss, dirt and shrubs. Hard labor made them the clean classics they are today. It will grow back, and astonishingly fast.

Perhaps this individuals timing was bad for you but don't completely stifle someones rewardless efforts.

What does the temps of a summer day have to do with cleaning dirt? cantfocus.gif

Yesterday was a gorgeous cool summer day, perfect for climbing hard at Index. We showed up at the base of Godzilla, apparently just after Syz had his encounter with the vertical gardner. He was a little aggro to us at first, given that he was steamed about how you treated him, but with a little courtesy, we were both cracking jokes in a few minutes. He let us climb Godzilla (our goal was Sloe Children) before he did some more work. The ledges on Godzilla were exceedingly dirty when we were there, but he was planning on brushing them off once he was done with his work.

So here's the deal:

He can't do it on a weekend. I'm sorry that his timing was bad for you, but that sort of work needs to get done sometime.

Every ledge at Index used to be overgrown dirt and moss.

He's working on what is to be a cool mid-10 linkup from Godzilla to the bottom of the last pitch of Narrow Arrow.

man, i was up there yesterday and there is an INCH of dirt spread over every fuckin' hold from the top of godzilla elevation wise ALL the way over to tatoosh...what the fuck was he excavating and was he using a fucking bobcat to do it with????

Not to mention the incredible amount of rock fall splatter without shouts of "rock" on a summer evening after work...

oh, and gary...thanks for the absent warning when your water bottle came screaming down!

Sorry, it was clipped in, but my partner accidently stepped on it, busting the handle, while climbing back down to the belay ledge. By the time each of us could divert enough attention away from downclimbing/belaying, we looked down and saw the bottle spinning through the trees -- we were too entranced watching it to think to yell "rock." Yelling "rock" should be something that's an innate reaction, like catching a fall, but it wasn't, for some reason, yesterday.

...we looked down and saw the bottle spinning through the trees -- we were too entranced watching it to think to yell "rock." Yelling "rock" should be something that's an innate reaction, like catching a fall, but it wasn't, for some reason, yesterday.

hahaha.gif

mushsmile.gif

yeah...it missed us by about 10 feet, luckily heading out into the woods...i was gonna clock you when you got down, as i was pissed off as all hell...that was a fully lethal projectile, not some entrancing pretty floating object...

He let us climb Godzilla (our goal was Sloe Children) before he did some more work.

Wow. How nice of him to LET YOU climb Godzilla. Mystery gardener sounds like an assclown to me.

??? He was up above gardening. He could have said, sorry I'm busy, come back some other time. But he stopped what he was doing and waited for us to go by. I thought that was pretty generous of him.

yeah...it missed us by about 10 feet, luckily heading out into the woods...i was gonna clock you when you got down, as i was pissed off as all hell...that was a fully lethal projectile, not some entrancing pretty floating object...

With all due respect, I'm fully aware of what it could have done to someone. For you to get a meaningful warning, we had less than two seconds to yell rock. Sorry again for the lack of the warning -- the circumstances were unusual, and we were too focused with the immediate concerns of belaying and climbing.

...i'll have to remember that excuse..."uhhh, i was entranced"...

oh well, no one was hurt...

Don't forget the "I was busy with the immediate concern of climbing" one. I am going to start using that every time I need a convenient excuse.

Gary, google "excuse" and tell me what you get. wink.gif

You just love twisting my words. There's a difference between being consciously busy and being unconsciously focused. By the time our minds zoomed out from redpoint mode to how come that spinning water bottle is falling through the trees, it was too late to say anything.