• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   12/08/21

Thanks for visiting Cascadeclimbers.com.   Yep, we are still going!    Just put a new coat of paint on the site. Still the same old community of climbers, skiers, and people who love to get outdoors. Hope you had a great 2021, and wish you the best for 2022 and beyond.  Thanks again for stopping by.
Sign in to follow this  
JERRY_SANCHEZ

MT BAKER

Two weekends ago I was up ice bouldering on the lower Coleman, a friend was up their last weekend also. The conditions were pretty much the same both weekends. 5" snow on the trail, 10+" on the glacier. I imagine that this is pretty much unchanged given the cold/dry conditions this week.

The Mount Baker Ski area also has conditions reports which are pretty much the same as when we were there.

Hope this helps.

Phil-Nice pictures on your site. Looked like a great day--

You made a comment that went something like--We saw others skiing the glacier without ropes so we figured it was safe for us too.-

That is somewhat of a wreckless line of logic, and flawed, (Glad that nothing came of it).

S

Actually, it was not so wreckless. We had carried up a rope just in case someone fell in, but upon seeing the best ski aspects, it was obvious that the rope was just extra weight. The crevasses were obvious and no bridges were left to "hide" any.

Also, I wouldn't exactly say that we were in an ignorant bliss about the dangers of skiing the glacier. Just following the logical uncrevassed-first-track lines.

[This message has been edited by dbb (edited 12-03-2000).]

This wreckless line of logic was also a joke! Sorry the sarcasm was not obvious. We were well aware of the dangers...