Advance Advance Warning: Clean out your inbox!

jon

Sometime in the next couple months we will be switching message board products. What does this mean for you? You will get a much more functional website that is faster and more user friendly. We have been testing it for about a month now and it rocks. A few of the beta testers have asked if we are going to lose all the old content and the answers is a definate NO. There is one thing that will most likely be lost in the migration, that being your private messages. No worries there is a better private message system on the way. Now we are a little ways off but it wouldn't hurt to start cleaning out those PM inboxes and writing down the phone numbers and emails you have stored up, because I GUARANTEE YOU after beating my head on the wall for months working on this upgrade the last thing I want to hear is someone complaining how they lost Suzy Jane's phone number and if I will go back and get the info for them, because you know what the answer will be and it won't be "Sorry dude!" it will be "F&*k you man!". wink.gif So clean out those inboxes peeps!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if that stuff will be migrated over. I would copy all the links into a text file if you can.

I've had one user report losing all their PMs when they hit the print icon, I'm not sure what that is all about and am looking into it, so I would avoid doing that, just cut and paste the info into a text file.

Jon, you rockband.gif

Informing the cc community of a future upgrade and warning the pack rats to clean out their garages is awesome. YOur message here in the cc.news section might not get the exposure it deserves. Have you considered other communications? Banners on the main pages, an email broadcast to all the pips?

thanks for all you do

bigdrink.gif

I just tried to email myself all the ones that mattered to me and I seem to have lost them all. cry.gif

WARNING: Do not tick all the boxes and press the "Email PM" button. I suspect the proper thing to do would have been to open each PM, and "Email PM" for each one.

Damn. frown.gif

• 1 month later...

Just another friendly reminder to clean out your inbox. We will be upgrading in the next month. Git 'er done!

Yeah do not try to email all your PMs to yourself, you will lose all of your PMs.

Yes you will lose your address book.

• 2 weeks later...

Inbox, clean out you must.

Also here is another heads up. MAKE SURE your email with us is current! When the board changes over you will HAVE to request a new password in order to login. If you do not change your email before we upgrade you could possibly be waiting weeks for us to change it manually..... so git 'er done!

Somehow, with the urgency in how you keep saying "clean out your inbox," it almost sounds like there may be more to it than simply that if we fail to clean out our inbox, we will lose those important messages. Really, it is simply this: copy your messages or you will lose them -- correct?

• 4 weeks later...

Alright check it out, I've doubled peoples inbox sizes because I'm tired of these stupid clean out your inbox threads. Just remember that when we switch to the new message board which could be ANY DAY now that you will lose ALL of you private messages.