Crackima good and bad

I spent the weekend with Cman and CrazyJZ climbing basalt on the Tieton. On Saturday we went to Goose Egg mtn. We climbed Comandho spire. The climbing isn't too bad, but the whole place should be renamed Choss Egg mtn. There's a lot of loose shit up there. We knocked off stuff, and we watched another party on Dirty Sanches knock off some huge rocks.

On Sunday we were going to do that Lightning route on the Egg, but there was a party ahead of us, and we didn't want to hang out under anyone on that loosy goose.

What we ended up doing was going up to the South Fork crag. We found some pretty darn good sporto and trad stuff up there. I doubt the place will ever get popular since it's so far back but I give it thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif It's worth the drive.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South fork's a fun crag. it has a nice variety of sport and crack. goose egg was a fun climb but all the looseness just left me waiting for something big to come crashing down. crazyjz tried to get me by setting off a fair sized rock up high but i still made it up.yellaf.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I dunno, Shizzy, I probably wouldn't have ventured out to Goose Egg Mountain without Yoder's beta. We drove out there Friday morning, climbed lots of routes at RC and the Oasis, Rode the Lightning on Saturday, and got bit by Ed's rope eating crack at the Bend today. Had to cut off about 12' from a nearly brand new Mammut bi-weave sixty cry.gif But all in all it was good. In fact, it was great. The weather was perfect, we only ran into one climbing party all weekend, and to top it off, all the routes were new to me.

I give Crackima thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif