Picture of the Brothers

Ben_Otten

I was curious if anyone has any pictures of the south route of the brothers during summer? Preferrably from the point that you leave the woods at the begining of the route.

The reason asking is that I was attempting the climb yesterday and was amazed how overgrown the meadow was. If it wasn't for someone placing flourescent tape along the route, I would have turned back way before.

It could have been that I was way off course, who knows. Long story short I turned back due to confusion.

Has anyone been up there in the last few weeks who could give me some details if they encountered the same thing?

All help is appreciated.

--Ben

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I want to climb the brothers while I'm down there. I can see them from my house and have never climbed them yet, even though they are quite close.

You can see the brothers from Anchroage, damn you must got good eye site.

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of people seem to take indirect variations up the south route. Not trying to hijack, but has anyone ever heard of an attempt at the long sw ridge approach from upper lena lake? I saw a dotted line in the Olympic Climbing Guide, with no details.