• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Jeebus

hiking around Squamish/Whistler

hey all!

I'd appreciate any info on treks in or around the Squamish/Whistler area.

Wife and I are in the Whistler area from Friday through Monday and would like to bag a peak or two and enjoy views from atop. We are both in decent shape and have adequate skills/gear to take on up to a class III route.

Suggestions?!

Suggestions?

Black Tusk, Wedgemount Lake (Mt. Weart), Mt. Cook, Brew Lake/Brew hut, Mt. Marriot, Mountain Lake hut, Brandywine mtn., Joffre Lakes (Tszil) ...

Singing Pass behind Whistler - Fissile, Whirlwind, Refuse Pinnacle, Overlord

Tricouni Peak is great if you've got good clearance 4WD to get to the trailhead. And I've recently finished a new trail up to Echo Lake across from downtown Squamish, and an extension up onto Mount Lapworth is about done as well. I can draw up a map & directions for you if you like. You'll need a canoe or some such vessel for crossing the river, but that can be arranged locally, and it's well worth the effort. If you can extend your stay by one day I'm taking a friend up on Tuesday and you could come with us.

wow! that's a ton of options.

Murraysovereign, thanks for the offer to "guide"! we will be driving back on the 4th of July holiday to make it back to the states. bummer.

from what I've heard, there are no bad views in B.C.

hopefully we will get a good sample this weekend.

Anyone have good links for MTB trips in the area?? Have been thinking to do some downhill'in there at Whistler, too. Beta? Best places to stay??

There's miles and miles of mountain biking around Squamish. Contact corsa cycles for information.

Also the mountain bike park at Whistler - aka "the Trauma Park" by paramedics - is tons of fun, but make sure your insurance is paid up smile.gif