Breaking the Speed Limit

Dru

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are accelerating now in space.

Velocity = speed and direction. Your direction is changing constantly though space.

However, you are still on Earth while you spray, so relative to the Earth, you're not accelerating.

This thread is going to drift to spacetime metrics and light cones....I just know it!

If you make a redshift map of the known universe, you can quickly tell that we are part of the spreading debris of an explosion, not at the source position of the debris.

It is impossible for each person to be the at the universeal "redshift null" at the same time, since the source is a singular point in space. wink.gif

If you make a redshift map of the known universe, you can quickly tell that we are part of the spreading debris of an explosion, not at the source position of the debris.

It is impossible for each person to be the at the universeal "redshift null" at the same time, since the source is a singular point in space. wink.gif

You just read Big Bang from the dude who wrote The Code Book, didn't you?

Yeah, but he's time/space biased.

On the contrary, there is no center or singular point. All points are expanding relative to each other because space itself is expanding. The only way there could be a point is if space had existed before the bang, which it didn't.

I have a degree in Physics, one in Math and I am a member of the American Astronomical Society. I don't read those quacky books other than for pure entertainment.

I have a degree in Physics, one in Math and I am a member of the American Astronomical Society. I don't read those quacky books other than for pure entertainment.

You mean Quarky, right?