• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
espirita

Climbing in SE Asia

Hello,

I am looking for info & advice on places to climb in Southeast Asia, particularly Thailand and Vietnam. I've heard of Railay and the whole Krabi Coast, which looks pretty cool... anything else? Any opinions or experiences you'd like to share? This is my first post so be nice... ;o)

And while I'm on the subject, any advice as to where to take a day trip from San Francisco? (To climb, I mean... I'm well aware of the wines in Napa.)

- K

Day trip from S.F.=Lover's Leap!!!

It's not the shortest of days, but well worth it.

I also had a great time at the Consumnes River Gorge, but my guess is it's gettin' pretty hot.

Sorry...no knowledge of SE Asia.

Jimbo

You could go to Ha Long Bay. Very picturesque and the climbing rocks. Or go to Phan Thiet. Or do a google search using "climbing" and Vietnam" in the search bar.

Or talk to these guys.

We were going to go to Phan Thiet for a beach and climbing holiday while we waited for our son's VISA to the States to get processed, but we never ended up connecting up that way. Sorry we missed it. frown.gif

Sweetness. Those pictures of Ha Long Bay make me want to hop a plane right now! yelrotflmao.gif If/when I go I'll be sure to post pics... but it will be a while.

RE California. I'd love to go to either of those places but for more than a day. cool.gif

SO MANY PLACES TO CLIMB!! Thanks again...