Slesse - Conditions Report

Ponzini

For the benefit of everyone headed to Slesse (as soon as summer arrives in force), I report the following:

The Slesse Creek road is 2WD HC right to the end, and the trail is in good shape.

The SW and W aspects are almost entirely free of snow, one more week and it'll be gone.

The regular route features a 61-1 ratio of vertical feet hiked to vertical feet climbed - good thing we went light!

The Heart of Darkness still has lots of ice in it, just in case anyone's interested.....

The NE Butt is snow free and looks good, although there is some snow remaining on the lower angled class 3/4 section.

The N Rib still has some snow patches.

I counted a total of 11 different rap stations on the SW and W aspects of the mountain, so if you're in need of a station look 10 feet in any direction and you'll find one! cantfocus.gif

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... I climbed the Ensakwatch enchainment with Arran Scott and Ian Steele yesterday and we got good views (of Slesse at least anyways) and the bypass glacier has avalanched as well! grin.gif There's still some snow kickin around but it doesn't look like it would pose a problem at all... so as soon as the weather finally gets good... bigdrink.gif

PS. the enchainment we did was a great day out 11.5hrs car to car, and we were moving at a fairly casual speed... if you like climbing clean granite splitters I'd recommend it wink.gif

Thanks. And ummm I dunno, I dont really watch the clock too too closely but we left the car just before 7am and were on the summit of the north spire at 11:15 (we soloed the N ridge) and I think we got down off the west ridge of Rexford at 4ish, so 5 and a half hours I guess... u should go do it, it is a really fun day out bigdrink.gif pretty easy tick for "D-" because you can very easily bail at either of col's if you're not into continuing... commitment is basically nil

Edited by Andrew_R