How 'bout those Mariners?

none_dup1

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by gschryer2:

Now the real problem that I'd like an answer to is: WHERE in Seattle can a guy sit and drink a beer (or several) and count on a hockey game being on the big screen instead of a baseball game. Better yet, since it's NHL play offs, where is the hang-out with at least a room half full of any team's hockey fans?

Nothing irks me more during NHL playoffs than that some local pub displays a run-of-the-mill regular-season ball game over a Stanley Cup Championship NHL game. I understand the supply demand laws... but there must ba at least one cool place to watch hockey. Anyone?

I feel your pain!!! I don't care what anyone says, Hockey kicks ass over mainstream American sports (baseball,football, basketball.) And the Stanley cup is THE most coveted trophy in sports.

I like they don't play wimpy 5 games series in the first round too!

I take a nap and then get up and watch hockey on ESPN after midnight. Last nights game between Ottawa and Phily was great. Philly just broke the NHL record for consecutive minutes played in regulation without scoring a goal (Around 300 minutes) and still going strong.

Yeah sitting at a pub in Seattle trying to watch Hockey playoffs is nearly impossible. ESPN is more inclined to show the boring basketball playoffs instead too. That is why I am giong to Canyuckerland and stay in Squish at climbing bum house this weekend [big Drink][big Drink] I bet that pub will have hockey on! DETROIT KILL VANCOUVER ! [Mad][Mad]

The other night I went home and connected over streaming audio to the Vancouver CKNW sport radio station airing the canucks/wings game... the only way I could be a part of the game.

So really the Alki?

what about on the eastside... I got some results last year at the Kirkland Ale house... Maybe I'll head there today at 4PM....

Go Canucks [big Drink][big Drink][Razz]

How 'bout those Canucks!!!

If we're talking close enough to home, with no-one better to support, I'd say the Canucks are highly worth watching and cheering for. If you watch, I don't need to add praise for the second half of their season.

Now the real problem that I'd like an answer to is: WHERE in Seattle can a guy sit and drink a beer (or several) and count on a hockey game being on the big screen instead of a baseball game. Better yet, since it's NHL play offs, where is the hang-out with at least a room half full of any team's hockey fans?

Nothing irks me more during NHL playoffs than that some local pub displays a run-of-the-mill regular-season ball game over a Stanley Cup Championship NHL game. I understand the supply demand laws... but there must ba at least one cool place to watch hockey. Anyone?

GS

(BTW, I do go see the Ms a couple times a season. They were great to watch last year. And this year looks to promise nearly as much excitement).

Detroit is a bunch of overpaid old farts. Dead Things can choke and die. Hockey is the second best sport to use ice (after ice climbing and well, ok, curling too).

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Only thing I dislike about the playoffs is that the Brew Pub is so busy when you go there on saturdayu night it is hard to find a seat. But you might meet some Americans who want to get high so that could be a good thing.

quote:

Originally posted by rayborbon:

DETROIT KILL CANYUCKERS!!!!!!!!

[big Drink]

Thos old farts can play still
[Wazzup]

Lets bet some [big Drink] on the outcome of this series Ray. since the Canucks lose only when i bet on them i will bet Detroit wins the series. thus either my team wins and i buy ray beer, or rays team wins and he buys me beer. either way i win.

[big Drink][big Drink][big Drink]