Protecting yourself on CC.com

jon

Hey peeps,

I thought it was time to post a little note about a few things that you should be aware of. I don't want to sound like an alarmist but these are real problems you need to be aware of.

First, I highly encourage you not to post your email address here, either in your profile or in a post. If you do, I suggest adding a obvious to delete section to it so that a person will recognize that it needs to be deleted but a computer searching the internet for emails to spam wouldn't. This would go the same as phone numbers.

Second. CC.com has become a quite popular website, there are many more people who read it then post here. I can tell this by looking at our server logs. Some of these people who are looking but not posting are people who work for the National Parks and the Forest Service. Some are just interested in where you are going and what you are doing for work purposes, some are just interested personally. There is also another group that is interested in your illegal outdoor activities, these being Federal Law Enforcement Officers. What this means is if you post info here about being in a place without a permit or in a prohibited area, bolting in restricted areas, having a safety brake with a ranger, you risk not only getting yourself in trouble but others as well. PLEASE be careful about what you post! You won't be the first to get caught.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the heads up. thumbs_up.gif

I wonder if any of those Federal Law Enforcement Officers get a kick out of most of the shit we write, or if they are just scouring for illegal shit and ignore the rest...

Ditto on the reminder thanks Jon.

The worst part of this whole trip is that we are paying to have these non-productive parasitical members of society do this non-productive, intrusive, and unwanted chore. I wonder how many millions this sh*t is costing us that could be better spent?

Hmmm, I have to be wrong about that. I must be radically mistaken about this....it must be due to the fact that all of the murderers, rapists, thieves, killers, baby molestors have been rounded up and taken care of...finally. I must not have heard about it though. I'm sure I'll hear that good news later though.

-so-

Good job guys, glad our money is going somewhere productive after all. Finally ALL of the important things have been finished and you can start in on the bulls*t that means nothing TO ANYBODY.

Bill

thats my editorial for the day: if you disagree, that's OK, but please post your address and we'll send the bulls over to your house to kick the door in for you.

Ditto on jon's message - when 2 doorknob park rangers drive 3 hours in a huge gas-sucking SUV to show up at my fucking doorstep and waste an hour of my life w/ the big hairy eye-ball investigating a "story" based on information gained in an equivalent fashion to reading graffiti of the men's room wall (if half the shit i wrote on this board was ACTUALLY true, i not only would be arrested, i'd be excommunicated, divorced, fired, and probably drawn and quartered), you gotta wonder what the fuck we're spending that federal money on? couldn't it be better spent making muir more handicap accesible or putting in a big shiny RV park at paradise?

fuck you nazis everywhere! oh, and for a good time, call (360) 695-5932

The feds spending peoples money to look at sites like this to try and find pety crimes would make a pretty good news story, don't you think?

It makes me wonder how many sites they look over. It makes me wonder how much money they waste.

Is this where our trail park pass dollars go?

It makes me wonder how much money (time) I waste on this site.

perhaps you could just apply for a job w/ homeland security and get paid to do what you love?

i forgot to restate, for the record, i and all like me are innocent - totally morally pure - saints, really.

i gotta go help a little old lady cross the street now.

Ditto on jon's message - when 2 doorknob park rangers drive 3 hours in a huge gas-sucking SUV to show up at my fucking doorstep and waste an hour of my life w/ the big hairy eye-ball investigating a "story" based on information gained in an equivalent fashion to reading graffiti of the men's room wall (if half the shit i wrote on this board was ACTUALLY true, i not only would be arrested, i'd be excommunicated, divorced, fired, and probably drawn and quartered), you gotta wonder what the fuck we're spending that federal money on? couldn't it be better spent making muir more handicap accesible or putting in a big shiny RV park at paradise?

But look at it from the other side - if you were in charge of federally employed personnel that were rumored to have given out an illegal substance to the public - even for medicinal purposes, wouldn't you look into it? There are a hell of a lot more people that read this toilet wall than the one at Muir. And with how easy this electronic information is to link/cut/paste would you, as the manager of said people, just ignore this public relations fiasco in the making and hope no one sees it? True or not, it would be insane to ignore it once brought to your attention.

Personally, seems like a simple phone call could've been a better first meeting, but I'm sure they were trying to put the fear o'God into you with all the bells and whistles.

fuck you nazis everywhere! oh, and for a good time, call (360) 695-5932

yelrotflmao.gif Oooooo... now you're messin' with the BIG ranger!

I must be radically mistaken about this....it must be due to the fact that all of the murderers, rapists, thieves, killers, baby molestors have been rounded up and taken care of...finally.

Bill

thumbs_up.gif

Or it could mean that certain law enforcement officials like to play on the internet during work just like we do. Many of them could be climbers too.