Best sunscreen and where to get it ???

undermind

from the national weather service:

ANOTHER UPPER TROUGH

WILL SETTLE OVER THE REGION SATURDAY THROUGH MONDAY FOR MOSTLY

CLOUDY SKIES...A CHANCE OF SHOWERS...AND SLIGHTLY BELOW NORMAL

HIGHS. SCHNEIDER

looks like showers straight through Wednesday

Not sure how you got showers straight through Wednesday out of that.. But anyways, I don't mind climbing in adverse conditions, as long as it's not downright dangerous. If I minded, I probably wouldn't like mounatineering too much..

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course if it's cloudy you can still get a sunburn. When I know that I am going to be on the snow for an extended period of time I put sunscreen on when I wake up no matter what the weather. I have waited too long to put in on many times in the past. The worst I ever got was on a cloudy day hiking to Camp Muir. Going to work with a face that looks like you shaved with a blow torch only adds insult to injury.

LONG TERM...SATURDAY AFTERNOON WILL MARK THE START OF UNSETTLED

CONDITIONS. THE GFS DOES NOT SHOW WIDESPREAD RAIN UNTIL SUNDAY

AFTERNOON BUT THE MODELS ARE IN AGREEMENT FOR ONSHORE FLOW AND A

SERIES OF UPPER LEVEL TROUGHS THROUGH THE MIDDLE OF NEXT

WEEK...WHICH FORCES US TO KEEP A CHANCE OF POPS THROUGH THE EXTENDED

FORECAST PERIOD. JH

Not sure how you got showers straight through Wednesday out of that

I just added a bit yesterday to give you an idea of whats to come, but if you want it from the horses mouth then read above, I wasnt trying to be rude just offer you some insight into the weather.

Even though its unsettled it wont be a deluge and Im sure you will have tons of fun

• 2 weeks later...
So how'd it go?

It was great..

The weather was shi-tay half the time. The week started off lousy, and when it got better for everyone at normal elevations like Seattle/Bellingham, we remained in the clouds.

Drying clothes in a tent sucks.

The morning we headed for the summit it was beautiful. But as the sun came up, the clouds came with it. Then wind, then rain and snow. Moisture was freezing on faces. It turned real nasty at the summit. Total whiteout. Some horrible climbing conditions.

But if I was worried about climbing in bad weather, I probably wouldn't live here.

if your ears are not covered be sure to apply sunscreen to them. also, don't forget that on glaciers you have sun [also] coming from below you so apply sunscreen products accordingly for full protection.

I've talked to people who burned the inside of their nose to hellno3d.gif Were talking blisters here. How much would that suck?