ann2.jpg

andy1.jpg

aaron1.jpg

jason1.jpg

Ann spooning my tracks in the 2nd Langille Bowl:

langille2ndBowl.jpg

No one wishing to follow the pattern:

tracksLabeled.jpg

With on short carry past the waterfall, we could ski about 5 minutes from the Tline trail. Probably will not go in another week though:

endOfSnow.jpg

Oh yeah, the USFS left me this love note:

usfsLoveNote.jpg

Finished day with this:

icecream1.jpg

Any questions?

fruit.giffruit.gif

Gear Notes:

DYNAFITS!

Approach Notes:

Watch out for Sasquatches

Edited by Gaper_Jeffy

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice going! Looks like everyone had a great time. Quick question. Which trail do you usually go to get up onto snowdome? I've hiked both (crossed the temporary bridge and up the right moraine/up left moraine and crossed between the ice falls). Since they were done on different years, I couldn't really remember which seemed easier/faster. Thanks again for posting the pictures and reminding me that I wasted a play day with a "family get together"

Which trail do you usually go to get up onto snowdome? I've hiked both (crossed the temporary bridge and up the right moraine/up left moraine and crossed between the ice falls).

I always go up the moraine on climber's right (the Eliot east moraine), then quickly cross the snowfield underneath Langille crags (there's rockfall hazard here) and hike up the dome. Look for the use trail on your left once you cross Eliot creek and get into the forest. Here's the GPS map:

topo.jpg

Thanks. I figured that was probably the best way to go. Once made the mistake of thinking we could just stay on the tline trail and find a place to cross where the bridge is washed out after a day on snowdome. Not a good idea. By the time we scrambled down to the water and saw how high and fast it was, we knew we were screwed. Some big jumps between rocks with a heavy packs made for an exciting ending of an otherwise fun ski trip in the middle of summer.

Which trail do you usually go to get up onto snowdome? I've hiked both (crossed the temporary bridge and up the right moraine/up left moraine and crossed between the ice falls). Since they were done on different years, I couldn't really remember which seemed easier/faster. wasted

I think going up the left side and not crossing the creek was a little quicker. This was the first time I had gone up the right. The only thing about going up the left side is you have to cross on the lower glacier and it seemed a little harry when I've done it. So, I guess I prefer the right side.

This trip rockband.gif It was nice to be able to ski to the Tline trail. With an easy hike out.

Aaron

• 9 years later...