Rainier area lodging

skeletor

I'm climbing this weekend with a bunch of guys flying in from the East Coast. While I'm driving up from Oregon and willing to camp out the first night before picking up permits, the rest of the group would like to get a hotel room or two Thursday night after their cross country flight. (They are all much wealthier than I am!)

We're having trouble finding rooms this late in the game. Anybody have some idea on cheap lodging off the beaten path, not to far from Paradise? My friends are richer but still cheap.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a group of us stayed in a place right outside of the park. we found it the night we drove out there because we couldn't find any camping that was available - they had a large group apartment with several rooms and just charged us per person since we didn't have enough people to fill it. it was very reasonable compared to what else is out there. our rooms were located above a store and i believe there is also a restaurant there or neaby. at least that's how i remember it. i totally forget the name, though! confused.gif does anybody know the place i am talking about?

If anyone ever runs into problems camping...PM me for directions to my property. I have a small lot right outside the park entrance (less than 1/2 mile away). It's perfect for camping, and it has power/sewer hook-ups for RV's. I'm planning on putting a little cabin on it..once I have the funds..but as of now, its an empty lot, and I'd love to have people stay on it! It would actually help me out having people up there, since my neighbors keep trying to move the property lines over! (Not their fault..I'm just never up there, so they think it's a vacant lot!)

-M