What's it like over there??

Hey folks. I'm a climber from the midwest - St. Louis, MO. I gym climb some. Outdoor climb in So Ill (Southern Illinois) and Horseshoe Canyon in Arkansas.

I just got offered a job in Redmond. (But nothing to do with computers. Heh.) I've been lurking the site a bit. Can someone breakdown for me what the rock climbing is like in the Seattle area. And some of the good outlying areas in the PNW. I'm looking to find out more about mainly sport routes.

I'm also just starting to learn some trad climbing - but there just aint much in my area.

Anything you got is appreciated. The funnier the better. Post away. Or shoot me an email. And if anyone wants to show me the sights when/if I wind up out there, let me know.

-Rob

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey BM, For sport climbing just down the road in Oregon you got the birth place of sport climbing in the US, Smith Rocks. As for sport in Washington, in my opinion there is a bunch of bolted choss heaps all over the place and few isolated area with decent sport lines. The trad and alpine rock in Washington, damn I miss it.