Fairview Inn out of business?

Alpinfox

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The word is that it is not one single incident but an entire series of events, including several drunk driving incidents initiated by the bar serving inebriated customers who then got into accidents (and the lawsuit is apparently from the people who were hit by the driver, not the driver). Also the Fairview having served underage customers on more than one occasion and getting caught. Not 100% on all the facts because it is being kept under wraps and not even those close to the Fairview seem to know or are willing to divulge what is going on. But the common word is that it likely will not open this year.

Edited by W

So here's the deal. Talkeetna is one of my hang outs. I've been bummed the past several times i've gone up there and haven't been able to hang at the Fairview...good memories from that place.

There are indeed several different lawsuits going on against the bar right now. It has been closed for a good 9 months, I was up there in October and it was closed, was still closed when I was up there a few weeks ago.

Apparently the owners are also selling the bar, so until someone else steps up to the plate with a little dough, it will most likely remain closed. It's a total bummer.

I guess i'm lucky I never got caught there with my fake ID. I've been going there since I was 18. Hopefully i'll be able to have a legal brew there soon:(

I am actually planning on driving up to Talkeetna next weekend. I may have to just settle for the West Rib:(

• 2 weeks later...

Update: I was just there in Talkeetna on Saterday and Sunday hanging out. I heard a little more about the closing of the Fairview.

Here's what I was able to get:

There was a woman who drank there, then drove and crashed, she is suing the Fairview for letting her leave. Apparently they were going to hold her but let her go, now she sued.

Also, insurance for the Fairview is $500,000. The insurance company does not want to insure the current owner because he is doing a bad job working it. They want him to sell it, then insurance would most likely drop.

It will certainly not be open any time this summer, and my guess is not until next year.

There's always the West Rib, the VFW, and the TeePee though for Talkeetna bars. The Fairview though is my favorite and I hope it reopens sooner rather than later.

I'll keep sniffing around for updates.

What about the Latitude? It's still open isn't it? bigdrink.gif

Drink there if you must, but don't eat the food. I was poisoned at the Latitude about 9 years ago- Ham and Cheese Omelette. Sick for 2 days, nearly unconscious 6 hours after ingestion. A year after that, a friend of mine went there and ordered a steak. It looked and smelled funny, and one small bite confirmed it was rancid. She sent it back to the kitchen, and the waitress returned a moment later stating:

"yeah, he's gonna cook you another one, he thought that one was kinda marginal..."

hellno3d.gif

Several other people I know have been sickened by the food there since then. This March, with few other breakfast options open, my climbing partner and I went there (reluctantly for me; I figured it's hard to get sick from pancakes). After I told him the above stories, he promptly found a hair in his orange juice, and his silverware was crusted with chunks of old food.

Just say no. thumbs_down.gif

WHY...I ask WHY...would you eat breakfast in Talkeetna ANYWHERE other than the Roadhouse? Seriously...have you lost your mind?

I mean, come on...the full standard or the biscuits and gravy...PROVEN to be the best remedy for hangovers and extended stays in the Alaska range.

You were probably poisoned as an omen for not eating at the Roadhouse that day.

Tsk Tsk!

WHY...I ask WHY...would you eat breakfast in Talkeetna ANYWHERE other than the Roadhouse? Seriously...have you lost your mind?

I mean, come on...the full standard or the biscuits and gravy...PROVEN to be the best remedy for hangovers and extended stays in the Alaska range.

Tsk Tsk!

A) It was early April- Roadhouse is not open daily until May 1.

B)Back then (1996)I'm not even sure the Roadhouse was doing breakfast regularly anyway. Trisha bought it right around then and completely revamped the place.

Tsk Tsk!

A) It was early April- Roadhouse is not open daily until May 1.

B)Back then (1996)I'm not even sure the Roadhouse was doing breakfast regularly anyway. Trisha bought it right around then and completely revamped the place.

Besides, in '96 you were in the 6th grade and skipping breakfast due to your absorbing fascination with "morning wood". wink.gif

• 11 months later...

For those of you who haven't heard, the Fairview is BACK IN BUSINESS! It reopened 10 days ago...Talkeenta residents and climbers alike can now once again tip 'em back in one of the best bars in the world. Makes me wish I was up there right now.