Iron Horse Full

inacan

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that makes at least three in the last oh 15 or 20 years. Sad.

The route is an Uber Classic. I was thinking that it could use a bolt at the exit of the slot before the roofs above but on second thought it would just make us weaker than we all ready are.

I was thinking that it could use a bolt at the exit of the slot before the roofs above but on second thought it would just make us weaker than we all ready are.

lamer is more like it. adding bolts to dumb it down is poor form....look fwd to the day i am brave/strong enough to throw myself at that one. hahaha.gif

dave mirales has done it...as has bob i think...

ya i happened to be there on a day he was doing it with another guy named dave and hey my name is dave. that was weird. mirales was doing laps on iron horse full. he's strong.

dave

Dave did it first.

Polish Bob also did it in either 97 or 98. He climbed it free, but was not an onsight.

But was it a flash or could cockchafing "magazines" tell difference or too busy pizzle tizzle a sheep? Get balls off chin nancy boy or you'll get flashed by more than that talk shit but can't OS 12a such chuffery.

I think its been climbed a bunch. Even by a girl!

In the 80's most people didn't climb it because it was dirty. A few good samaritans over the years have cleaned it up quite a bit.

Don't forget to bring a couple slings for the top. Rope drag isn't the problem as much as levering out otherwise good pro.

First you said...

lamer is more like it. adding bolts to dumb it down is poor form....look fwd to the day i am brave/strong enough to throw myself at that one. hahaha.gif

Then it was..

man or index inbetween. the route will only get more traffic when it gets retro'd

• 1 month later...

Why would you even think of adding a bolt to an existing route, yet a super classic route. The full route protects fine. The pro might be a little spaced out above the v slot, but if you can do the lower sections, the roof should be cake. If I remember correctly the roof protects with anit and you have to make sure to sling it so rope drag won´t yank it out. Then you might get an RP or a small nut up high.

Edited by TimL