Benchmarks for ratings...

RuMR

Down there in the fat old man grades I read in this thread that Classic Crack is 5.9 yet Angel Crack is 5.7.

I find that really interesting..........

I believe the guide says the start of Angel Crack is 5.10... either that or it says bouldering start.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

y que tal espana? has podido ver las escuelas cerca de madrid? imagino que ya sabes de esta pagina de web con su mini-guia?

Gracias por la informacion! España es muy buena. Pero hace calor! Hemos ido a Patones. Ese fin de semana nosotros vamos a La Cabrera y el proximo fin de semana vamos a Galayos. Echo de menos la nieve y las montañas de las Caascades. thumbs_up.gif

I think that Inca Road is a great climb, but it is sandbagged for 5.9, and here's why I think that. There is a vertical section near the top that requires finger jamming. There is very little for feet. Seldom do you encounter this on climbs less than 5.10. If you do, it might be one or two moves. Those that are very comfortable with finger jams will, I am sure, will disagree with me.

there are entire pitches of finger jamming that are 5.8 or 5.9...

Dude, where are those? I need to find them. Finger jammin' rockband.gif

The Vertical World in Ballard has a nice finger crack moon.gifhahaha.gif

I'm sure that there are huge jugs right next to it as well hahaha.gif