Cascade Trifecta completed in Record 28 Hours

UTS

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Furthermore, I'd ignore 98% of the fuck-tards on this website. This site used to be a great source of info, but has evolved over the years into a sad collection of "climbers" who would rather talk out of their necks than climb a mountain or offer any kind of relevant information.

Perhaps you could offer relevant information. In 46 posts you've sprayed politics, slammed people for using fixed lines, and mocked others.

Slammed people for using fixed lines? CJ = Coke Junkie?

and a big snaf.gif to you cause you obviously feel inadequate

HCL.gif

Typical cascadeclimbers.com mentality. Blame others for your own shortcomings. fruit.gif

I've been feeling so inadequate lately because I haven't quite reached the 25,000 post mark on cc.com. Perhaps you could offer me some of your expertise in that arena? How could I possibly achieve?

I say .. congratulations. Sounds like a hell of a trip.

Furthermore, I'd ignore 98% of the fuck-tards on this website. This site used to be a great source of info, but has evolved over the years into a sad collection of "climbers" who would rather talk out of their necks than climb a mountain or offer any kind of relevant information. And like the Cobra_Commander said, I wouldn't say this website represents the NW climbing scene at all. I've NEVER met anyone in person in the cascades who condescends, ridicules, or even talks down to me or anyone who I've been climbing with. But read this site and you'll see it 25 times per thread. It boils down to being an internet thing where there is no such thing as accountability for one's statements and actions.

Sorry again, please redirect your browser to http://www.ascensionist.com thats where the akshun is.

Most climbers in the NW think all climbing is between Vancouver BC and Olympia. I think one of the climbers on the 28 hr trip was 53. I only hope I can be so fit at 53.

Layton has no room to talk he is a self promoter.

Beating their chest or not 28 hrs for what they did is impressive!

It boils down to being an internet thing where there is no such thing as accountability for one's statements and actions.

Is that why you use your real name, wazzup.gif

How does using your real name make you accountable? Even if I use my real name, I'm still not accountable for my actions on a message board.

I'll break it down for you, since you seem to be having a tough time with it. It's like getting cut off in traffic. You'd never think of cutting in line in front of me at Subway because you'd be held accountable -- either by being forced to the back of the line, or worse. But in your car, you feel safe because you're in your own little fortress. More often than not, common courtesy is generally exercised during face-to-face interaction -- this fact is undeniable. If you aren't courteous in person, folks tend to call bullshit or "merc out" -- THAT'S accountability. On the internet if you say something derrogatory or negative to someone else, you can just shut off your monitor and hide under your sheets. Another example... just witness how courteous folks are at a pub club compared to how they act on the internet. I know, I've been to several pub clubs. There are several folks I could use as an example, but I'll spare the details because I'm guessing you get it by now. Accountability. As you can see, much different than using your own name on the internet. wazzup.gif

It boils down to being an internet thing where there is no such thing as accountability for one's statements and actions.

Is that why you use your real name, wazzup.gif

How does using your real name make you accountable? Even if I use my real name, I'm still not accountable for my actions on a message board.

I'll break it down for you, since you seem to be having a tough time with it. It's like getting cut off in traffic. You'd never think of cutting in line in front of me at Subway because you'd be held accountable -- either by being forced to the back of the line, or worse. But in your car, you feel safe because you're in your own little fortress. More often than not, common courtesy is generally exercised during face-to-face interaction -- this fact is undeniable. If you aren't courteous in person, folks tend to call bullshit or "merc out" -- THAT'S accountability. On the internet if you say something derrogatory or negative to someone else, you can just shut off your monitor and hide under your sheets. Another example... just witness how courteous folks are at a pub club compared to how they act on the internet. I know, I've been to several pub clubs. There are several folks I could use as an example, but I'll spare the details because I'm guessing you get it by now. Accountability. As you can see, much different than using your own name on the internet. wazzup.gif

Well said, S-hound !

I must give my props to their achievement,

but welcome to the jungle that is CC.flame.

Wrong place to go looking for high-fives unless your prostrate yourselves to their high court of lynch-happy opinion.

Any "release" I have done has too be read and re-read to remove anything that could remotely construed as c-beating or you will feel it boxing_smiley.gif