Cascade Trifecta completed in Record 28 Hours

UTS

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen where they drove themselves between the peaks, I'm betting they had a driver and got to catch a little shuteye during the travel time.

Isn't there something similar the Brits do over in their hills? I read something awhile back, some kind of endurance peakbagging event, it definitely involved other folks doing the driving. It makes sense too, if you bonk on the route, no big deal, but if you bonk while driving things get ugly. Remember: always go to bed before you go to sleep. yellaf.gif

I emailed John Waller of Uncage the Soul Productions to clarify what he meant by documented.

In the context it could of meant it was the first time documentad that such a linkup was done.

However, he clarified that it meant the first time it's been filmed/recorded etc....not the first time it's been done.

FYI

This will stand the test of time as one of the greatest achievements in PNW climbing hsitory...wait...no it won't.

And who would want to watch a MOVIE about people slogging up the angle of repose on some of the most boring routes around? How RAD can that be? "BAWWDITABA DA BAW DA BANG DA BANG JIGGY...etc" Kid Rock sound track as they QUICKLY SLOG? How inspirational...

I'd rather watch "An Interview With David Bohm". He just sits there and answers questions about "implicate order" for 52 minutes...without a single cut.

How do they know its a record if they don't know the times of the previous parties?

confused.gif

Well, it is a record for a speed ascent documented with both video and photography in the year 2005 by two white males.

I'm sure these guys will enjoy watching the video and looking at the pictures when they're older. One might split hairs and question the objectivity of "official timers" who are paid by the "athletes" that are being measured, as far as "an official speed record"...but that wouldn't be me. yellaf.gif

Aside from the climb, I can't believe that nobody has mentioned that this is likely a posting by the man himself. Hmmmmm. . . let's see: Random named avatar, unsolicited media release, little to no followup. Style seems eerily familiar. Not that I care though.

And who would want to watch a MOVIE about people slogging up the angle of repose on some of the most boring routes around? How RAD can that be? "BAWWDITABA DA BAW DA BANG DA BANG JIGGY...etc" Kid Rock sound track as they QUICKLY SLOG? How inspirational...

I was thinking the same thing.... "Man those guys can run up that snowy trench and choss pretty fast!"

We took some videos this year of some hardish classic NE ice climbing and found out just how boring even that is to watch...

Neat accomplishment though... Got to admit that...

-Fear

i don't have time to read this thread.

have we discussed who decided that these 3 are the trifecta and why should we care.

why am i being a dick when i could be accused of doing the same thing on many other TRs and posts? There was nothing interesting about this. no funny stories, cool pictures, learning experiences.

basically this is the ultimate chestbeat on a totally arbitrary feat that in no way advances any realm of climbing in the cascades.

summary: i did a bunch of random arbitrary shit faster than other people have.

okay. i read the orignal post a little more closely and would like to step up the ridicule of this accomplishment.

the "for immediate release" part that starts off the post is what immediatly pisses me off. More corporate self promotion. I'm sure that since these guys are from Boulder, they are in the People From Colorado That Know Each Other Fan Club, a.k.a. "Climbing Magazine"

I didn't find one stirring sentance or point of interest in this garbage. Man i fucking hate this shit.

okay. i read the orignal post a little more closely and would like to step up the ridicule of this accomplishment.

the "for immediate release" part that starts off the post is what immediatly pisses me off. More corporate self promotion. I'm sure that since these guys are from Boulder, they are in the People From Colorado That Know Each Other Fan Club, a.k.a. "Climbing Magazine"

I didn't find one stirring sentance or point of interest in this garbage. Man i fucking hate this shit.

I think the following image, taken from http://www.uncagethesoul.com/ neatly sums up what Mr Layton loves so much about CO grin.gif

Amberlita.jpg

Layton nails it right on...this shit is just weak. They slogged up a couple of easy routes in quick time. That's cool and good for them. How driving fast between them makes this some sort of interesting feat I have no idea.

This state (CO) is consumed with numbers and lists much more than actual cool climbing. Ticking off the "fourteeners" for many people involves walking up some of the most boring peaks you'll ever walk up. I should know, I have done a bunch of them. smile.gif Now, granted, there are also some really fun ones and plenty of other really cool things to do. smile.gif And before I get flamed i also said for "many people"...there are plenty of real and badass climbers here.