Cashmere?

xtiesue

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yesterday's thread

Gary_Yngve wrote:

Scrambled Cashmere. Our car suffered a severe pulmonary embolism on the drive out there and a lesser one on the way back. Camped at Little Caroline Lake, five of us in a Megamid. Snowed/sleeted until about 11:00 AM, but then cleared up. Went up the north side of Cashmere (crampons would have been nice) and descended the west ridge.

Cashmere totally kicks ass! thumbs_up.gif

Those burns aren't from last year, that's from 1994, I believe. Last years fire was on the steep N slopes of Cashmere just slightly west of Lake Victoria, near the Doctor Creek drainage. No reason any one should be hiking over there cantfocus.gif ...now snowboarding on the other hand... fruit.gif

I was up there during an alpine biology class when I was in college. Some reason I was by myself up at Windy Pass, between Lake Caroline and Trout Lake. So I dropped my pack and scrambled up Cashmere from there. Seems like there was one exposed step across and then a steep gully to the summit. That was thirty years ago, but I remember it as a fun little scramble.

total tick-fest. I have never seen so many of the pests on one trip. changed clothes at the car, drove home and found two more when I dropped my drawers...but other than that, Cashmere is areally cool and easy scramble.

• 3 weeks later...
if anyone is still interested I just went up on the saturday and sunday. I have a crap load of pics. I dont know if it is a TR worthy peak or not. But I would be more than willing to post one if requested.

Kyle

I would be interested. Please post a tr.

I was up there on 7/2 with Alex Mineev. It's a nice hike, the wildflowers are in bloom and it's awfully pretty up there, and the views to the Stuart range are pretty awesome. But aside from some fun scrambling at the summit, it's not really a "climb." As Alex said, "it's Mt. Si on steroids." But much better views, and much less crowded.

Someone mountainbiked all the way up the west ridge; that must have been fun!

If you go, let me know if the old ice screw I left is still there.