Need a Third -- Any Glaciated Peak -- July 21-24

TheBootfitter

Hey All -- My intended third person for a rope team just backed out on me because he didn't get the "wife-pass" for the trip.

I am taking a newbie out for his first mountaineering trip. I have spent several hours with him going over the basics of glacier travel, rope handling, crevasse rescue, etc, but he has never set foot on a glacier.

We would really like to do a relatively easy glaciated route on Rainier (DC) or Baker, but even with a low risk of crevasse falls neither of us would be comfortable with the possibility of me falling in and him left alone to anchor and rescue me if needed. So, basically, we are looking for a relatively experienced climber to be at the opposite end of the rope from me when we are roped.

If you have a lot of experience that you enjoy sharing with others -- even better... since the newbie could definitely benefit from some coaching from a different perspective -- and I am always open to learning new things (or reinforcing already learned things) myself.

We're actually somewhat flexible on the dates (we both have July 2-10 open as well), and we're open to destinations. If no one steps forward here, I will likely take him to Adams or Hood for a non-glaciated route and perhaps find a glacier to 'play' on for a day -- letting him get some actual glacier experience.

My goal is to develop this very eager (but cautiously wise) newbie into a solid climbing partner for future trips. (Especially since my core group of partners seems to be getting too busy to do trips these days!)

I believe my email is in my profile, but feel free to shoot me a message at thebootfitters at earthlink dot net if you're interested or if you would like more information.

Peace,

The Bootfitter

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...