How to "refurbish" the bathtub bottom of I-tent?

Alex

My I-tent is now 12 years old, and while the ToddTex body is holding up fine and still is waterproof, the coated nylon bottom is a seive. So bad that with just an hour or two of rain the floor becomes completely soaked.

How to make this thing waterproof once again? Is there a way to get "re-coat" the nylon, or get BD to put in a new floor?

Any ideas?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bullshit. Since becoming a homeowner several years ago, I came to the realization that major appliances like refrigerators and washers and dryers are much cheaper than buying Gore-Tex jackets and tents. So I'd rather do the "cheap" option when possible and save all that money from guidebook sales for the real important stuff.

Any other ideas?

My I-tent is now 12 years old, and while the ToddTex body is holding up fine and still is waterproof, the coated nylon bottom is a seive. So bad that with just an hour or two of rain the floor becomes completely soaked.

How to make this thing waterproof once again? Is there a way to get "re-coat" the nylon, or get BD to put in a new floor?

Any ideas?

Might try this stuff.

Poly. Coat.

Or talk to the people at Seattle Fabrics on Aurora

Bullshit. Since becoming a homeowner several years ago, I came to the realization that major appliances like refrigerators and washers and dryers are much cheaper than buying Gore-Tex jackets and tents. So I'd rather do the "cheap" option when possible and save all that money from guidebook sales for the real important stuff.

Any other ideas?

sell your home and spend the equity on new tents

... just an hour or two of rain the floor ...

Well first off, I'd stop pitching it upside down... Then probably the lightest thing to do is spray the crap out of the bottom w/ DWR or scotchguard and patch any holes with seam grip.

the guys are super cool at BD cust service. the zipper on my awhanee blew out and instead of fixing it they replaced the tent w/ a brand new one! i support a company that will stand behind thier product, how in the hell are you supposed to get any climbing done if your too buzy working to pay for gear!

Hi Alex,

Thanks for writing. You can try and recoat the floor with a product called

McNett Tent Sure. This may work depending on how shot the floor is. The

other option is to get a replacement tent floor from our authorized repair

center at Rainy Pass (www.rainypass.com). This would be pricy, but they do a

good job.