Smith Rocks Camping

Billygoat

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Grasslands is free and lots of people hangin' there. You could find a partner at either place pretty easy me thinks.

If you need good driving directions to the grasslands, let me know. I've got em written up and could email them to you.

wave.gif

i "camped" at the bivi area the first time i drove to smith. it was dark, i'd never been there before (didn't know about the grasslands), and i was tired. i dragged my sleeping bag and pad somewhere there was an open spot, slept, got up early and got outta there. almost didn't make it though - they definitely make the rounds. (after that, i've pretty much always gone to the grasslands.) i've used the showers at the "real" campground a number of times and never got hassled.

if you've never been to smith and drive in a night, it's a pretty cool experience to wake up and see it for the first time as your own morning fog wears off ...

I always camp at the grasslands. If you want to meet up with people either A make a huge freaking fire, or B go to a huge freaking fire. Everytime i have a fire over 3 feet tall people come walking over like zombies pulling out food and beers and they start talking. And if you want a shower, its only $2 if you didn't camp at the biv.