Raineer next weekend?... 17-19th

whidbey

Need someone who likes to mentor. Just spent six days learning and climbing sahale... want to continue learning. strong and eager..but lacking in experience and equipement. Things like rope and pickets and wands i do not have... hell i thought I'd give it a try and ask if anyone is willing. Have all basic climbing gear. Doesn't hurt to ask. Please be kind.... grin.gif

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can't climb Rainier this weekend but .... I would like to climb Baker and/or Rainier some time this summer, if you're up for it. thumbs_up.gif a friend from work might want to go too.

one thing I wouldn't mind doing first tho (maybe this Sunday at Paradise/Muir...?) is some z-pulley practice. I've set one up it before, but only once .. a few yrs ago. I've done two roped glacier-slogs (Glacier/Olympus) ... both of which were also a few yrs ago. And i think it's high time for another one!!

fruit.gif

PM or email me.

Let's do it! July 23-24th is one of the only "open" weekends for me...so lets aim for Rainier or Baker then!

definately would like to practice z pulleys and the like with ya'all first one Saturday or sunday prior! Let me know what works with ya'all!

I too am interested. I have some glacier experience (Baker) but that was a little while ago. Have plenty of climbing/alpine experience too and all the gear (plus some to lend!) Know all the basics of glacier travel but would like to practice sometime.

July 23-24 works for me, as do most other weekends and I can tack on a Fri or Mon or both too.

Edited by dbconlin

Sounds like there is some interest in a crevasse rescue clinic. I would be interested in participating and I can contribute one rope and hardware. How much interest would there be in stretching it to two days and doing some avy beacon practice as well? Coleman, Easton, Boston, or Nisqually glaciers would all be suitable venues. Other ideas?

I'm in if Divot is, or someone else who can assure me I wouldn't be the most experienced in the group. June 25-26 works for me. Then not until July 23-24.

This is getting a bit far afield of the original post. Someone want to start a new thread?

Sounds like there is some interest in a crevasse rescue clinic. I would be interested in participating and I can contribute one rope and hardware. How much interest would there be in stretching it to two days and doing some avy beacon practice as well? Coleman, Easton, Boston, or Nisqually glaciers would all be suitable venues. Other ideas?

sounds great, TJ!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif I'm not sure about two days, but could definintely do one day (either one), that last w/end in June.

I'm in if Divot is, or someone else who can assure me I wouldn't be the most experienced in the group.

well just how experienced are you? do tell. smile.gif

considering the fact that you don't post on much on this site, I'd bet you do actually do alot of climbing. thumbs_up.gifyellaf.gif

This is getting a bit far afield of the original post. Someone want to start a new thread?

I think you proposed it .... you can start the new thread!

the_finger.gif

OK, the clinic is open for ideas and plans....Lets do this....If your good, I can make you better, if your awesome, I can make you remarkable, if your great.....I can turn you into a god!

So now that I got that off my chest, lets make plans and setup for a knarly overnighter sorta speak full off crevasses, bridges, ropes, prussiks, and beer!

Not to mention the good company.......I got 2 tents, 2&3 person, and all the gear to make this work as a real clinic. I just don't wanna haul all this stuffy up the hill, especially the gear.

I'm thinking a spot around the Kautz as camp which will be nice for camp, and a not so far walk to our "playing" area.

I want some feedback, this is all I have to say.

So Divot if you are a climbing ranger why do you need to find climbing partners on CC for Rainier?

I think he just likes CC.com cuz all the sprayers make him, um.. how does that saying go... oh yeah. "LOL". yellaf.gif

but seriously tho.. why even question that kinda thing? rolleyes.gif maybe he just moved there from Denver or Calgary or wherever, and he hasn't met many peeps yet. maybe all his coworkers are married and hes not (a situation, I'm sorry to report, which I seem to keep running into myself). there's 1000 reasons why someone may not have anyone else to climb with.

anyways.... for anyone interested in this event, please post any new stuff in this thread.

I question it becasue i am a climbing ranger on Mt. Rainier and that is what he/she is claiming. So if you read his/her bio it talks shit about the park and claims to be a Climbing ranger on Rainier.... There are only 3 climbing rangers that live in longmire and they run the show Mike, Glen and Stefan. I really dont think that any of them would be on CC looking for partners or have Fuck the NPS on their Bio. I could be wrong but seems to me that the person that is going to make you a climbing "God" is full of it. But if you want to climb with someone like that have fun and give us a call when you need to be saved (360-569-2211 ext. 6009 for the Climbing Infofmation Center).

I question it becasue i am a climbing ranger on Mt. Rainier and that is what he/she is claiming. So if you read his/her bio it talks shit about the park and claims to be a Climbing ranger on Rainier.... There are only 3 climbing rangers that live in longmire and they run the show Mike, Glen and Stefan.

how do you KNOW he's not a climbing ranger? maybe he's part time. maybe he's like, i dunno... on-call or whatever. your profile sez you're new there at MoRa. just cuz those three you mentioned haven't ever mentioned a fourth ranger, don't mean a fourth ranger don't exist. wazzup.gif

I really dont think that any of them would be on CC looking for partners or have Fuck the NPS on their Bio

you seem to be under the faulty impression that everybody in this world loves their job, and doesn't bitch about their employer ..... cuz of course, .... if they DIDn't like their job.. why they'd just leave it, right?? rolleyes.gif

hoo boy... i hate to break it to you, Mr. Recent College Grad ... but that ain't the case. at all.

as it happens, I've had a few different friends who've worked for the NPS... one of which is currently a wildlife biologist at Rainier. each and every one of them liked working for the NPS. but just cuz they do/did, and just cuz you do, don't mean all NPS workers do.

I could be wrong but seems to me that the person that is going to make you a climbing "God" is full of it.

i must admit, the pep-rally talk was making me a tad suspicious.... but whatever. we ain't climbing the damn mountain next weekend... we're just meeting up and practicing some rope skills n' shit. rolleyes.gif

yep. we will see what we will see.

But if you want to climb with someone like that have fun and give us a call when you need to be saved (360-569-2211 ext. 6009 for the Climbing Infofmation Center).

well I appreciate your concern. truly. we'll keep y'all in mind. wave.gif

Actually, Mike didnt have many impressive thoughts to share on Andy....Soggyendo34.

I guess the politics as I know now arent different anywhere else. Thanks to my friend here which I have seen personally, but he doesnt know who I am, an has seen me too, it makes me laugh.

People think that this is the coolest most awesome job in the world. To get paid to climb, and "save lives".

But honestly, we are mostly just EMT's, perhps a 1 or 2 medics.....OOOOOOHHH!

In Seattle, the medics and EMT's would blow us away in terms of speed, quik thinking, and experience.

If ya think ya got it made man.....ya dont, cause you are doing it for free, and what I know about you so far man, is that you are gonna be on the VOLLY list for a while...

And when you meet me, your gonna piss your pants cause you would never have thought it was me......When I tap you on the shoulder soon enough, I would turn around slowly.

And in terms of the the whole pep rally folks, I was just havin fun...whats wrong with that, Im sure we all know our stuff, I just happen to know what I know cause I use it every day.

Just because I do something for a livng doesnt mean I cant have fun, or wild out, or try to be much different from the ones here on the hill, and try different crowd, and not stik to the "In Crowd"....The hell with them....They think they are gods, Im not, but I sure can try.

Sweet deal..... feel free to tap away. I still call Bull Shit.

How about this PM me your name and i will drop it.

Oh and how do i know there isnt a fouth Climbing ranger at longmire. Lets see there are 9 total climbing rangers on the paradise side of which 6 live at paradise and 3 live at longmire. The group is small, its hard not to know all of them.....Sorry dude there is no Fourth ranger at longmire that someone forgot to tell me about.

You are taking this way too far my friend....And too uptite about the Climbing ranger status.....Can you admit to all here why?

And then I will tell which one I am.

Notice, location doesnt mean you live there..................Ponder on that for just a minute.

In addition, you are making a spectacle of yourself right now as we speak, and we here in the park are taking bets on you.....Keep going......Push the envelope a little more, but in the end, its not who has the last laugh, but who laughed the hardest.

By they way.........Your left boot lace is loose.