A new low in rock climbing

don't mind me, I really have no idea what it is you people do with all those ropes and stuff. Looks like alot of standing around though.

Bouldering is its own end. As close to a tube ride as you can get with a rock.

I really cannot answer for dumb soul-less media driven gymbo dyno comps. the equivilant of surfing in a mall I think.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually do not think about bouldering vs. roped rock climbing at all. have you ever seen all the gumbies that rope up? right. let me call myself one of them.

to me bouldering and roped rock climbing are as different as black and white, night and day, apples and sour grapes, AAA and schwag, cheri and playboy, core and dabbery where my preferences naturally run towards black, night, apples, AAA, cheri and core.

I love hand jams, especially in roofs which I practice at Marymoor regularly honing my skills for the real opportunities. I have no interest in harnesses, ropes, draws, belayers, biners, slings, anchors, nuts, cams, hexes or fifi hooks.

Actually I saw a woman belaying once with a killer ass and I admit I was slightly interested.

Bouldering is practice for Bouldering is all I'm saying. (Well except maybe for the not so veiled durogatory roped climber insinuations) Rope management is worse than a cheap leash wrapped around your ankles. Interrupting a perfect flow of movement to clip or place pro? Puts a real damper on style.

You guys do what you want, just try to be a little more informative on boulder potential when you report your epic bushwhack approaches to virgin new lines. You may limit your beta to those within 1 mile of the road. Thats as far as I will carry my rakes, hoes, ladder, scrub brushes, 12 pack cooler and bong.

I am sure lovin arms is hardcore, well, at least it was for the guy who put it up. After that its really just a vertical path.

to me bouldering and roped rock climbing are as different as black and white...

I have no interest in harnesses, ropes, draws, belayers, biners, slings, anchors, nuts, cams, hexes or fifi hooks.

Rope management is worse than a cheap leash wrapped around your ankles. Interrupting a perfect flow of movement to clip or place pro? Puts a real damper on style.

Sheer genius!

yellaf.gifkix, you are more of a moron then all your silly photo onslaughts to zerofriction... there is no sense continuting this discussion but I will reiterate bouldering is what most rock climbers do when they can't go rock climbing...

and I will add boulderers are rock climbers that are afraid to get high off the ground. and don't think I am not a practicer of bouldering....I have climbed many highballs, lowballs, traverses, etc... when I was unable to go real rock climbing. cheers bigdrink.gif

don't mind me, I really have no idea what it is you people do with all those ropes and stuff.
to me bouldering and roped rock climbing are as different as black and white, night and day, apples and sour grapes...

An informed, intelligent, insightfull opinion.

Sadsack lives.

Everyone knows that bouldering represents the cutting edge of climbing, where complex and previously unimagined techniques are developed for later use in more serious contexts. Open your eyes, this is the future. Who will be laughing when someone employs the atomic ralston technique to send the first ever 5.16 M11 drytool? WHO? ooo.gif

There was some serious airtime with atomic drops, ralstons, supermans, and backflips.