Beta on Shasta

KaskadskyjKozak

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you head down, be sure to get java at Has Beans. Ridiculously silly name, but ridiculously good coffee!

Thanks for the tip. Too late though. We went and got our asses spanked. 50 mph winds at Lake Helen and there were 100 mph gusts reported on the summit. Some people were blown off the mountain. The top of Casavel ridge and high on Misery Hill had plumes of snow reminiscent of what you see in photos billowing off of Everest.

cry.gif

a coworker climbed it last weekend too. summited on Sunday. he said they skiied up/down between about 7K and 13.5K. said conditions weren't too too bad.

showed me the route on the map.. I forget the names of ridges and all, but the overall bearing was about NNW from their trailhead to the summit.

a coworker climbed it last weekend too. summited on Sunday. he said they skiied up/down between about 7K and 13.5K. said conditions weren't too too bad.

showed me the route on the map.. I forget the names of ridges and all, but the overall bearing was about NNW from their trailhead to the summit.

Yes, we should have waited out the wind, or camped lower than 10K. It was Sat night/Sun morning when the shit hit the fan (100 mph winds on the summit). It was still bad when we bailed (6 pm).