Wanted - Belayer!

carolyn

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there's a group of climbers that frequent VE on monday and wednesday evenings, you are certainly welcome to join us. there's also a group of climbers that climb tuesday and thursday evenings... and the majority of us go climbing somewhere on weekends... i'm sure you'll find a climbing partner.

My personal favorite.

k. I'm not laughing....what am I missing??

Yes... the humor is subtle. Ever watch "Fargo?"

Think "Fargo" and then read their board. Better now?

(No... I'm not dissin' Minnesotans by saying they're like their neighbors - but there are a lot of commonalities.)

Two things that I chuckled about: One is that the person has been climbing a month and maxes out at 5.8/5.9... IN A GYM... but yet says they're polite to beginners. The implication here is that THEY are NOT a beginner. I found that funny. Not "blow beer through your nose funny", but funny nonetheless. Now picturing Carolyn reading the forum AND blowing beer through her nose... THAT's funny.

The other is that in this thread, and others on the board, everyone is amazingly drippy sweet and nice (even by Seattle standards) which is to be expected from the Motherland of Lutherans. But no one really offers any help or answers any questions. Just like my favorite response... "well gosh - we have folks here on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday (but apparently NOT on Friday) and there are folks climbing somewhere outside during the weekend... so you should be able to hook up with someone." confused.gif

eating things on sticks

Cobra Commander's been to the Minnesota State Fair!

Correct. I was one of the "attractions" rolleyes.gif

"Dunk the Commander and win a VIP tour of Mendota Heights' finest water towers" rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

"Milk-drinking champion gets waffle on stick and Cabela's coupon." rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

I bet the Commander was voted Princess Kay of the Milky Way.

Do you still have your butter-bust?

TinaButterhead.jpg

eating things on sticks

Cobra Commander's been to the Minnesota State Fair!

Must be like Elephant Ears at the fairs here in the NW. Mmmmm, good. Nothing like deeep frying white flour in lard and sprinkling it with white sugar and cinnamon. Now that is healthy eating. frown.gif barf