Food Outlet in Monroe

olyclimber

Hey, if you haven't, you really need to check this place out. It rockband.gifs!

A few example of what you can find:

- Noxious orange colored cleaner in a bottle that looks just like an "orange drink". Take the label off and set it out for your friend and enjoys the yucks!

- Various food like substances that were rejected for some reason, such as the name (Smack noodles) and packaging gone awry.

-Food that is past its expiration date or soon will be. Hint: check out the meat section!

I could go on. But also, check out your fellow shoppers. Interesting folks in there. And best of all, when you're checking out, they tell you how much you saved. For instance, I saved $1.79 last time I was there. And this was just on a bag of Smarties and some juice that gave me an unusual stomach malady.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are you talking about the grocery outlet? there's also one in bellingham, on aurora in north seattle, in lynnwood ... and many other places across the western us, but -- best of all -- outside of yosemite in oakhurst. perfect for the borderline dirtbag climber that doesn't want to dumpster dive. thumbs_up.gif

I go to the one in N Seattle sometimes. The place is hilarious, depressing, and a great place to get really cheap insta-noodle type things as a freeze-dried alternative. I enjoyed a package of their off-brand butter flavored noodles just last weekend. Yum.

• 2 months later...
Is that the one with the rainbow sign? The one in J-Tree is a good place to find microbrww Oktoberfest Ale at New Years, or Winter Ale at Easter bigdrink.gif

That outlet in J-tree rockband.gif ! I went there one time bought a boat load of some drinkable wine a $2 a bottle and glasses for the wine $0.25 each. Also got large brie wheel for $5, decent crackers, chocolate, and all kinds of goodness for pennies. We ate like kings on that trip. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif