MSR XGK

mattyg

I've had this stove for over a year and I wonder if it's a lemon. Took it up to Baker this weekend and it was being really persnickety. Took forever to get warmed up to full operating temp and then when it did I'd place a pot on it and it would go out. This has happened several times. I really haven't used it that much and I'm wondering if it is just a quirk of the model or if I have a bad one. I know everyone always talks about using them in AK so they must be pretty good. I can't say I've been very impressed. May be it just needs to be cleaned. Dunno - thoughts. I could just take it back to the Evil Empire and forget about it. What's the hot stove these days?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had the honor of keeping mine going for the last ten years with no problems at elevatons above 12k thus far.

I must say that I do take great care of my gear, and am ontop of keeping the fuel lines clean and jet needles despite using clean fuel or not.

Gotta love a stove which will burn 180 proof rum and still give you your boiling quart in about 4 mins.....lol

Don't be hesitant of talking to the folks over at MSR, they are great to talk to and I'm sure they have no problems answering any questions, trust me, if they can put up with me, you shouldn't have any worries.