3 O'clock Rock Questions

MCash

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have had remarkably little vandalism of any kind in the Clear Creek valley. I don't know why, but the existing sign is not all shot up and I've never heard of anybody having their car broken into. I once saw a couple who had a teddy bear hung in a tree at the campsite, and the wife would poke it with a stick and jump back so her husband could shoot at the moving target, but overall we have not seen the kind of shenanigans you might expect for such a valley and nobody much bothers to drive more than a mile up the road to drop off their old refrigerator. At the parking area and along the trail, climbers are probably the biggest source of trash.

The goat count is a cool project that I hope climbers will support. Over the last couple decades, the mountain goat population has drastically fallen in and around Darrington, and apparently there is no clear answer why. I used to see them up at the start of Dreamer from time to time, but I have not seen them for years. The tribal biologist is asking climbers to report sightings.

We have had remarkably little vandalism of any kind in the Clear Creek valley...overall we have not seen the kind of shenanigans you might expect for such a valley...

Maybe not, but I recall a time coming off Dreamer when we got back to the car in the dark, drove a short ways before getting a flat tire, and then--when finally back in motion--rounding a corner to come full face with a bonfire right in the middle of the road. As we skirted around the flames, we could see people's eyes reflected in the bushes to either side. Harmless high schoolers, or...DEVIL WORSHIPERS? hellno3d.gif

I was just coming clean because I recieved several pm's asking if I knew contact info for possible summer employment!

yellaf.gifyellaf.gif suckers

Will there be a hubcap hanging on the kiosk, so as not to contradict current approach descriptions?

climber 1: "The guide doesn't say anything about a bulletin board thingy. I think we should keep driving."

climber 2: "What about a kiosk? Does it say anything about a kiosk?

That sounds like a good way to fool CBS

hey, i recognize that formation. is that three o'clock rock?? i think we did "silent running" (5.9?) in like 79 or 80, a bunch of the bolts were missing hangers so we did huge "misty beethoven" style runouts, or tried to loop the studs with #2 stoppers.

we did a couple a new routes on the detached slab on the lower right of this pic, and went back a year later and some of the bolts had sheared off...turned out it was a bad batch of 1/4 splits.

it rained most of the time we were there...we holed up in OW's VW bus and smoked prince albert in a can, plus lotsa ragweed, and waited for the dry spells.

good times.

159620.jpghttp: