Japanese Gardens

pope

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some white person should go chop all the bolts on Honky's Lament in Leavenworth. Pope? You can whistle this little ditty while you work.

Fuckin a. I scrolled down a bit and I got this:

Maybe you should stay with yo' mama

(Mama!)

She could do your laundry 'n cook for you

(Mama!)

You're really kinda stupid 'n ugly too

Well

You ain't really made for bein' out in the street

Ain't much hope for a fool like you

'Cause if you play the game, you will get beat

(Mama!)

(Mama!)

And

You should never smoke in pajamas

You might start a fire 'n burn yer face

Maybe you'll return to Managua

Well

You could go unnoticed in such a place

(Mama!)

(Mama!)

And

You should never smoke in pajamas

You might start a fire 'n burn yer face

Maybe you'll return to Managua

You could go unnoticed in such a place

You ain't really made for bein' out in the street

Ain't much hope for a fool like you

'Cause if you play the game, you will get beat

Well . . .

Yo' mama

Go on homeward

Yo' mama

FZ: Patrick O'Hearn, Adrian Belew, Tommy Mars, Terry Bozzio, Peter Wolf, Ed Mann, thanks for coming to the concert, good night!

I haven't heard that song in years, but I love it. fruit.giffruit.gifthumbs_up.gif

Sobo, are you suggesting that all people from Naches are meth (or should I say methaphedrine) addicts. shocked.gif

Kurt,

That would be considered sterotyping, and not normally considered racist by common standards. Now profiling, however, could be considered racist, but only peeps buying crack-n-ups in Naches would be profiled as meth cooks. yellaf.gif

Here's the deal..everyone made their point. I think everyone agrees - even Toast - that Jap as used here was merely shorthand for Japanese and that their was no slur intended. Case closed on the RC forum. feel free to discuss this subject elsewhere.

Must agree with Toast. The point is not that everybody agrees that no slur was intended (even if that were true). The point is that the word "jap" in its conventional use is considered by many Japanese Americans (and some white folk too) to be offensive. That should be enough. Shame on you for using the word (your convenience, Toast's expense). Shame on you for having to be corrected by somebody who is offended. Shame on you for excusing your own clumsy writing.

Well spoken Pope, and I think we all learned to just shut the f up and sit right back down.

I'm a cracker/wasp/ridge-runnin' grit, so the_finger.gif

And I married an Irish/German/Native American, so that makes our son a....?

Too much work to figure it all out. I just tell people I'm 100% mutt... cantfocus.gif

wave.gif GINA, your son is GINA.

CWRRG + GINA = Human Being

wave.gif

I used to work at this one food co-op. About 1/3 of the staff were sorta big, middle-aged lesbians. I once overheard this conversation two of them were having about the milk delivery guy. Being a food co-op, some of the milk they sold was un-homogenized. Anyway, so one of them was kinda snippy about how the milk guy was referring to the homogenized milk as "homo" milk... she thought he was making fun of them or something. shocked.gifblush.gif

I hate to say it, but i had to try reeeaaally hard not to yellaf.gif at the time.

Amazing how some people in this world seem to be just looking for oppression and discrimination to complain about. rolleyes.gif

Not saying that's true of anyone particular post, or poster, on this here thread. But, um.... yeah.