Trango Shark

iain

I have lost my nut tool and am about to get another. I was wondering if anyone has used the Trango Shark, and if so, if it works well for them. Can it survive bashing things? I'm usually a simpler-is-better cheapo person but this looked like a cool idea.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have lost my nut tool and am about to get another. I was wondering if anyone has used the Trango Shark, and if so, if it works well for them. Can it survive bashing things? I'm usually a simpler-is-better cheapo person but this looked like a cool idea.

I have one (gear freak) and although I love it - it's not the ultimate tool. The knife is very high quality, the nut tool is strong yet still light, but the bashing end is a little on the small side to be a hitting with a fist.

Regards;

Bill

I have the USHBA too (gear freak), and it's amazingly awesome light, futhermore, it has a great end to smack with your palm, but it is flimsy and will bend easily. If it was slightly wider material and a bit stiffer, it might be the ultimate.

But it isn't.

BTW, the wisdom of Cobra commander is obvious -total agreement here with that statement.

You guys are reading too much titanium marketing. The USHBA is incredbly ohmygod light yet it is advertised at 45 g, to be compared with the BDEL at 44 g, or the DMM at 49 g. Really, can you tell the difference? (As far as beer goes, they all open the bottles, yes.)

drC

No, I'm looking forward to info about this product from someone who has actually used it.

How many NOLS courses should they have taken? How long should they have worked in a gear store? How hard must they lead? How many parties should they have held up on Outer Space while trying to booty a cam with the tool? laugh.gif

You guys are reading too much titanium marketing. The USHBA is incredbly ohmygod light yet it is advertised at 45 g, to be compared with the BDEL at 44 g, or the DMM at 49 g. Really, can you tell the difference? (As far as beer goes, they all open the bottles, yes.)

drC

Nothing to do with weight. rolleyes.gif It's the way it's made. It just works better

Squid, sorry, my post was an answer to billcoe saying that tool is incredibly light. I've heard great things about the bashing end of the Ushba tool too. I personnally have used a BD and now use a DMM, which is ok, though not great by any means. I bash on it with a cowbell tongue.gif

drC

• 2 weeks later...

BTW- Some painful hammering on my tool (not Ushba) this weekend has inspired me to doctor my shitty nut-tool. I'm thinking about getting some rubberized tool-dip for the butt of my nut tool.

Does anyone have any recommendations on materials that will give a good, cushioned surface for pounding?