Mr. Hollett, some info?

mrefranklin

I forgot to ask you, since it sound like you've been up there a lot - if you follow the trail from the parking lot, where does it spit you out in relation to the Sahale Arm? Do you still have to traverse under the cliff band at 5400 feet or so or do you go right over it on a more direct line to the upper arm?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In safe snow conditions, I would have kept going straight (where you guys branched off to the left) down in the basin. Upon reaching the cliff band take the ramp up to the right for 150'. There you meet a small ridge with trees that's easy to surmount and voila you're up at the Pass. I studied it for a long time and decided that the snow was too sketchy. I get nervous anytime the snow falling off trees creates a slide when it hits the ground. Maybe next time.

Thanks for the info. The route you described is the one that we were looking to take. Selected Climbs, however, states that the "standard" way is to follow the graded road up from the parking lot. It looks much quicker to take the snow ramp but it was way too sketchy last weekend.

E