Helicopter lands on Mt. Everest Summit

summitseeker

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The summit of Everest hasn't been "sacred" for a long time....

Anything strewn with tons of garbage, fixed lines, and frozen bodies usually doesn't qualify....

Just wait for the $250,000.00 helicopter rides to start up....

-Fear shocked.gif

It's interesting that in discussions of altitude sickness & acclimatization they always make the point that if you flew up to the top of Everest and got out of the copter, you'd be dead within a minute. I assume this pilot had the oxygen bottle on full flow.

I guess you could ferry folks up there, strap on bottle of oxygen and let them have a picnic until their O's run out.

The summit of Everest hasn't been "sacred" for a long time....

Anything strewn with tons of garbage, fixed lines, and frozen bodies usually doesn't qualify....

Just wait for the $250,000.00 helicopter rides to start up....

-Fear shocked.gif

Well the only thing I got to say is that now that there are able to fly that high there definitely is no excuse to continue turning that mountain into a trash heap. Maybe they will take this advancment in flying and use it for good causes instead of just ferrying rich people up for their 250k picnic.

Am I the only one to notice that the model name of the A Star helicopter is the "Ecureuil," which is French for "squirrel?"

snaf.gif on the summit of Everest!

Uhhhhh, no, in fact you are not. Catbirdseat beat you to this vivid insight two days ago in Spray. See this thread, 11th reply.

• 3 months later...