if i had to get a station wagon

thelawgoddess

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Infinity also has a wagon-type thing, similar to that Dodge. (sorry, too lazy to go google a picture of it) must be a trend in the auto industry, these sleek and tuff-lookin wagons.

I do sorta like them.. but yeah... "IF i had to get a wagon.." smirk.gif

'56 Chevy Nomad Wagon with a '67 Vette 427 under the hood.

I drove one of the Dodge Magnums last week, a guy in our office building bought one. Nice car, but impractical. They are fast and look nice, but you can't see out of them for shit, especially out of the back.

Audis are crap. Nice, expensive crap, but crap nonetheless.

I have a 91 Suby legacy wagon. Next car will be a newer version of the same.

Audis are crap. Nice, expensive crap, but crap nonetheless.

Audi's are kitted up VW's. They've all the problems of a VW with a higher sticker price.

At least based on my personal experience, I've gotta disagree with the crap claims. After the past eight years of driving two different Audis, and beating the hell out of both, including frequently driving them where most people wouldn't take their 4WD trucks, I haven't had any real problems. And I guarantee I get to and from the hills much faster than almost anyone else...

At least based on my personal experience, I've gotta disagree with the crap claims. After the past eight years of driving two different Audis, and beating the hell out of both, including frequently driving them where most people wouldn't take their 4WD trucks, I haven't had any real problems. And I guarantee I get to and from the hills much faster than almost anyone else...

They aren't that fast, they don't have that great clearance, and the repair bills suck. Of course if they are under warranty that's a different matter.

They aren't that fast, they don't have that great clearance, and the repair bills suck. Of course if they are under warranty that's a different matter.

Clearance can indeed be an issue, unless you're pretty comfortable/experienced with creeping carefully over obstacles. That's why you get an Allroad; it's got more clearance than a Grand Cherokee when set to the highest suspension setting.

My 6-speed A6 2.7T is plenty fast. 0-60 in 5.9, and it will happily and capably hammer down the freeway all-day at triple digit speeds.

Repairs on a non-warrantied car can indeed be expensive, but again, based on my experience, an expensive repair that is not needed is not expensive...